DS #3196: Time Hollow (Europe)

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Prefer this box art to the US one. I liked this game, even with the huge gaping logical holes in the story, but I hated the fact that you knew what you had to do next but had to wait for the story to catch up. Only replayed it the second time to get the different ending, although "replay" is not really the right word considering the second time takes less than five minutes. Still think it's worth the time to play though.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zerrix said:
This game sucks as hell and is just a cheap copy of Professor Layton.
It really sux a lot.
Time Hollow = adventure
Professor Layton = puzzles strung together with an adventure styled navigation system.

Now how can Time Hollow be considered a Professor Layton ripoff when they are games in different genres.

HEY GUYS! METAL GEAR SOLID IS A SONIC THE HEDGEHOG RIPOFF!!!!1!!

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Joe said:
Prefer this box art to the US one. I liked this game, even with the huge gaping logical holes in the story, but I hated the fact that you knew what you had to do next but had to wait for the story to catch up. Only replayed it the second time to get the different ending, although "replay" is not really the right word considering the second time takes less than five minutes. Still think it's worth the time to play though.

Yeah, agree with this. There were some major jumps in the story, with the explanation being on the same level as the saying "A wizard did it." The story was interesting to some extent but they really missed a lot of good opportunities to expand and enrich it.

Plus there were all these things that the game had convinced me were going to come into play, but never did. ("People's profiles will sometimes change! Check them regularly for clues.")

The game is remarkably easy and straightforward though, so you can beat it in a few hours, like it or not.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you like text games/phoenix wright, you will definitely like this. its all about time travel baby!

to the guy that said this is a rip off of layton, no it is not. i never played layton but i assume it does not involve time travel at all.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
xshinox said:
if you like text games/phoenix wright, you will definitely like this. its all about time travel baby!

to the guy that said this is a rip off of layton, no it is not. i never played layton but i assume it does not involve time travel at all.

Well I believe the third Leyton IS about time travel, so working on Zerrix logic, the third Leyton is in fact a rip off of this game.

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
bollocks said:
anyone happen to know if this version is any different from the US release (apart from the extra languages obv)?
If you draw a pentagram instead of a circle at the trash heap you can sell your uncle's soul to the devil in order to bypass the rest of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too