DS #3196: Time Hollow (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by dice, Dec 20, 2008.

1. dice
    OP

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    ^^ndsrelease-4270^^

2. Just Joe

Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

Sep 25, 2007
    Prefer this box art to the US one. I liked this game, even with the huge gaping logical holes in the story, but I hated the fact that you knew what you had to do next but had to wait for the story to catch up. Only replayed it the second time to get the different ending, although "replay" is not really the right word considering the second time takes less than five minutes. Still think it's worth the time to play though.

3. Zerrix

Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 11, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Earth
    This game sucks as hell and is just a cheap copy of Professor Layton.
    It really sux a lot.

4. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    This game's nothing like Professor Layton, retard. It's really good. All DS users should try it!

5. agentgamma

agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Oct 5, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Time Hollow = adventure
    Professor Layton = puzzles strung together with an adventure styled navigation system.

Now how can Time Hollow be considered a Professor Layton ripoff when they are games in different genres.

HEY GUYS! METAL GEAR SOLID IS A SONIC THE HEDGEHOG RIPOFF!!!!1!!

6. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    This game is awesome. Highly recommended.

7. xanth

xanth GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    Ah-mehr-ka
    Yeah, agree with this. There were some major jumps in the story, with the explanation being on the same level as the saying "A wizard did it." The story was interesting to some extent but they really missed a lot of good opportunities to expand and enrich it.

Plus there were all these things that the game had convinced me were going to come into play, but never did. ("People's profiles will sometimes change! Check them regularly for clues.")

The game is remarkably easy and straightforward though, so you can beat it in a few hours, like it or not.

8. armagedalbeebop

armagedalbeebop GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2007
    hey! gotta save my parents with this crazy pen of theirs (or something like that)

never gets old

9. Just Joe

Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

Sep 25, 2007
    Oh it does. Just, you know, not straight away...

10. xshinox

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    if you like text games/phoenix wright, you will definitely like this. its all about time travel baby!

to the guy that said this is a rip off of layton, no it is not. i never played layton but i assume it does not involve time travel at all.

11. Just Joe

Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

Sep 25, 2007
    Well I believe the third Leyton IS about time travel, so working on Zerrix logic, the third Leyton is in fact a rip off of this game.

12. Taik

Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2008
    France
    Finished it : really fun game with a good story but sometimes difficult to understand the story lol

13. bollocks

bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 29, 2005
    anyone happen to know if this version is any different from the US release (apart from the extra languages obv)?

14. Aleatz

Aleatz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2008
    Australia
    If you draw a pentagram instead of a circle at the trash heap you can sell your uncle's soul to the devil in order to bypass the rest of the game.