DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

Cerial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm trying to run this on a G6 Flash 3rd (slot 2, 2Gb) and just can't make it work. No matter what I do (clean rom, patched with Belmont patcher, patched with DSATM using R4CCE code), the result is always the same: I'm stuck in the "Initializing save file memory. Do not turn the power OFF." screen.

I've tried loading the rom using normal mode, direct copy and safe mode for all roms mentioned above and I still get the same error. Any ideas please?

Edit: I'm using G6 Udisk manager v4.9e and G6 Flash card firmware is 4.8. Not sure if there's anything newer out there, just tried checking G6 Flash official website but that thing looks as dead as something really really really dead.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cerial said:
Hi,

I'm trying to run this on a G6 Flash 3rd (slot 2, 2Gb) and just can't make it work. No matter what I do (clean rom, patched with Belmont patcher, patched with DSATM using R4CCE code), the result is always the same: I'm stuck in the "Initializing save file memory. Do not turn the power OFF." screen.

I've tried loading the rom using normal mode, direct copy and safe mode for all roms mentioned above and I still get the same error. Any ideas please?

Edit: I'm using G6 Udisk manager v4.9e and G6 Flash card firmware is 4.8. Not sure if there's anything newer out there, just tried checking G6 Flash official website but that thing looks as dead as something really really really dead.

Get the newest manager software. If it still doesn't work then use DSATM with the ARM7 Fix per my previous post.

PedroTheLion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I tryed running this with the new Userchat file and the cheat active on my DSTT and when i first get to the castle the game freezes and the music loops over. Not only that but after i turned my ds off and on again it completely fucked up my flash card and now it won't boot. Anyone know what this is all about?

Cerial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
Cerial said:
Hi,

Get the newest manager software. If it still doesn't work then use DSATM with the ARM7 Fix per my previous post.

Will do. I wondered about the ARM7 fix, but figured it shouldn't be that since the game locks at save init screen, which indicates the piracy check is not being bypassed. But what do I know about this stuff?

Thanks for your response.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PedroTheLion said:
Hey, I tryed running this with the new Userchat file and the cheat active on my DSTT and when i first get to the castle the game freezes and the music loops over. Not only that but after i turned my ds off and on again it completely fucked up my flash card and now it won't boot. Anyone know what this is all about?

Running a DealExtreme DSTT on 1.16 firmware by any chance ?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now for some reason i get the never ending loop every time i go into any gate with either of the 2 AR codes on or both at the same time, it was working fine a minute ago, what's wrong now? Using cyclods.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Going into the arena or using the in-game soft reset (and I'm guessing anything else that takes you back to the title screen) will disable the codes. You'll have to restart the game to get them working again.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rasputin said:
PedroTheLion said:

Running a DealExtreme DSTT on 1.16 firmware by any chance ?

Most likely.
(For people that don't know what he's talking about: fake-killer)

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Going into the arena or using the in-game soft reset (and I'm guessing anything else that takes you back to the title screen) will disable the codes. You'll have to restart the game to get them working again.
as in starting a new game?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cerial said:
cracker said:
Cerial said:
Hi,

Will do. I wondered about the ARM7 fix, but figured it shouldn't be that since the game locks at save init screen, which indicates the piracy check is not being bypassed. But what do I know about this stuff?

Thanks for your response.

There is no check related to loading or saving the save data. This is the common error message that games with problematic ARM7 bins throw.

Bispo Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DASTM + trainer selected + cheat.txt + R4 1.18, without ARMFix selected, worked. Well... no blank screen at game boot and passed through the first portal.

I'll try to get to the catedral and report if anything goes wrong. Hope not =D

Thanks for all the people who worked to break this huge ass piracy lock.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
sub said:
Hello

Anyone with DS-Xtreme managed to get it to work ?

Like everyone with DS-X know, the team has stopped the support. So we always need to use MaxCrassMethod to get new roms to work.

The thing is... When I only patch the rom with the fix, it dont start because i need to apply Arm7fix, but if I apply arm7fix is impossible to apply ChronoFix because i get a 0mb file ....

frown.gif

XxRoxaSoraxX said:
Im using DSATM and i use the code(as a .txt) and Mario kart DS as my donor rom they are all in the same directory......WHAT DO I DO

Download DSATM

Save the cheats to a text file and leave the description above the code intact:

Code:
Loop fix
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

or

CODE
Loop fix for M3 Real
523FE294 E08AA009
E23FDFDC 00000024
E08AA009 E35A0000
1A0000AB E1A0A00E
E28FE000 E12FFF1C
E1A0E00A E31E0402
EA00009F 00000000
023FE294 EAFFFF50
D2000000 00000000
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

Place the text file with the codes, DSATM, and your donor game (donor.nds) or ARM7 file (donor.bin) into the same folder.

Run DSATM

Select the original game (not patched at all!)

Select the cheat text

Select the patched game to save as

Leave Trainer checked and check ARM7 Fix

Click Autopatch Game!

For anyone with a CycloDS (and possibly other carts that white screen with the patch)

Follow the above instructions but before you patch the game:

Click the button with a cracker to switch to Advanced mode

Change the RAM address to 0x23fd000

Then click Autopatch Game!

Note: I'm not sure if it needs an ARM7 fix so try it first without it.

Where do I get the patched game? When i try to patch it it says the game could not be patched.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
cracker said:
*snip*

Select the patched game to save as

*snip*

Where do I get the patched game? When i try to patch it it says the game could not be patched.

By that I meant to put in the name of the file to save as. It is the output, not a file needed for input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn