potemkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
sub said:
Hello

Anyone with DS-Xtreme managed to get it to work ?

Like everyone with DS-X know, the team has stopped the support. So we always need to use MaxCrassMethod to get new roms to work.

The thing is... When I only patch the rom with the fix, it dont start because i need to apply Arm7fix, but if I apply arm7fix is impossible to apply ChronoFix because i get a 0mb file ....

frown.gif

XxRoxaSoraxX said:
Im using DSATM and i use the code(as a .txt) and Mario kart DS as my donor rom they are all in the same directory......WHAT DO I DO

Download DSATM

Save the cheats to a text file and leave the description above the code intact:

Code:
Loop fix
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

or

CODE
Loop fix for M3 Real
523FE294 E08AA009
E23FDFDC 00000024
E08AA009 E35A0000
1A0000AB E1A0A00E
E28FE000 E12FFF1C
E1A0E00A E31E0402
EA00009F 00000000
023FE294 EAFFFF50
D2000000 00000000
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

Place the text file with the codes, DSATM, and your donor game (donor.nds) or ARM7 file (donor.bin) into the same folder.

Run DSATM

Select the original game (not patched at all!)

Select the cheat text

Select the patched game to save as

Leave Trainer checked and check ARM7 Fix

Click Autopatch Game!

For anyone with a CycloDS (and possibly other carts that white screen with the patch)

Follow the above instructions but before you patch the game:

Click the button with a cracker to switch to Advanced mode

Change the RAM address to 0x23fd000

Then click Autopatch Game!

Note: I'm not sure if it needs an ARM7 fix so try it first without it.
Thank you kind sir, I can say that thanks to you the problem seems to be solved and the ROM was trimmed to 84mb in my DSTT.

Although I was not facing any problems with the rom stopping or freezing at certain parts I just did it to prevent future problems >_

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
don't insult other members gutentag funpolice, this thread is for discussing CTDS and that only

OnTopic: is it just me or is classic mode far superior to ds mode?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
Well, I liked the new DS mode, but I can see people getting annoyed at having to take their eyes off the action to look at the bottom screen.

Just made it to Zeal! The patch works great and I really appreciated all you hard working crackers who did this!
yaynds.gif
I actually think the game seems a bit smoother than even the SNES game. And load times are nonexistent of course.

And since I got modded as well as other members, I guess I irritated Toni too. Sorry about that.

FunPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
FunPolice said:
mercluke said:
lol how?? what does it have that DS mode doesnt?

nostalgia, and the fact that i don't keep having to get my stylus out all the time
lol you must not have really tried DS mode if you think you HAVE to use your stylus for ANY of it.

FunPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
mercluke said:
Well, I liked the new DS mode, but I can see people getting annoyed at having to take their eyes off the action to look at the bottom screen.

Just made it to Zeal! The patch works great and I really appreciated all you hard working crackers who did this!
yaynds.gif
I actually think the game seems a bit smoother than even the SNES game. And load times are nonexistent of course.

And since I got modded as well as other members, I guess I irritated Toni too. Sorry about that.
Well it's called the DS for a reason....
unsure.gif

Tell me one reason why Golden Sun isn't the worst RPG ever made?

Aftermath

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After playing for about 4 hours, i saved and closed my DS. Started playing again the next day, only to find out that the savegame was still there, however it was the savegame from before i entered the secret door in the Cathedral. I had already escaped from the castle and was in the future when i saved the day before.
Also, this happened again today, my savegame was reset to back when i just arrived in the future, instead of the one where i was well after finding Robo.

Supercard DS One here, had to disable Patch Saver (or whatever the name was), as well as change the save size to 256, because otherwise i would've been stuck at the Initializing save screen. Any idea if disabling the Patch Saver might be the problem with the saves resetting themselves?

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Aftermath said:
After playing for about 4 hours, i saved and closed my DS. Started playing again the next day, only to find out that the savegame was still there, however it was the savegame from before i entered the secret door in the Cathedral. I had already escaped from the castle and was in the future when i saved the day before.
Also, this happened again today, my savegame was reset to back when i just arrived in the future, instead of the one where i was well after finding Robo.

Thats realy weird could be a problem with the rom
my saves are fine
wacko.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aftermath said:
Supercard DS One here, had to disable Patch Saver (or whatever the name was), as well as change the save size to 256, because otherwise i would've been stuck at the Initializing save screen. Any idea if disabling the Patch Saver might be the problem with the saves resetting themselves?
It's quite possible. When the saver patch is on, the save data is written directly to the save file. When you disable the saver patch, the save data is stored in a seperate bit of memory and then copied to the save file the next time you start up the SCDS1. It's possible that this save memory is losing the data when the system is left off for a while.

All I can suggest is that every time you're done playing you should immediately turn the DS back on and let it write the data to the file.

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those with M3 Perfect cards, what did you use as a donor rom and what write method did you use after trying with DSATM?

I tried just using the cheat menu with my M3 manager and got a black screen, and using DSATM with Castlevania OoE as the donor rom the game itself said it could not read it's data, and the listing on the M3 menu had a deformed icon, it also didn't load itself properly like a normal rom would in both cases. I'm not in a rush to get it fixed and working on my M3 as I want to play in no$ and take screenshots of the major changes for to show to my friends, so a PM telling me what I did wrong would be great.

Also run on sentences

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FunPolice said:
granville said:
mercluke said:

yaynds.gif

Well it's called the DS for a reason....
unsure.gif

Tell me one reason why Golden Sun isn't the worst RPG ever made?
What does it have ANYTHING to do with Chrono Trigger? I don't have to give a reason why it's one of the best. The majority of gamers agree with the fact it's awesome. Like I said, why bring the game up?

The dual screen mode is nice-looking and performs smoothly, but the out of battle controls are really stiff and just don't work well at all. DS this may be, but having to switch between views while being timed is a bit disorienting. That being said though, I got used to it. But I have a high level of patience, so others may not be so forgiving.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: