DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikkeli said:
Don't use the patch that was posted in the downloads section on DSTT. It erased my whole card and the same thing happened to someone else with a DSTT
frown.gif

This might be possible if you ran the batch file DIRECTLY on your memory card. If you read the batch file it basically renames *.nds to original.nds. So ANY .nds file you have in that directory would be named to original.nds, which would have the effect of wiping out your ROMS.

Basically you need to put the nds file in its own directory first then run the patch.

Jaffar0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
doyama said:
kikkeli said:
Don't use the patch that was posted in the downloads section on DSTT. It erased my whole card and the same thing happened to someone else with a DSTT
frown.gif

This might be possible if you ran the batch file DIRECTLY on your memory card. If you read the batch file it basically renames *.nds to original.nds. So ANY .nds file you have in that directory would be named to original.nds, which would have the effect of wiping out your ROMS.

Basically you need to put the nds file in its own directory first then run the patch.

No it erease data from card when you run patched rom from ds... my card was ereased too... ;(

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ryukyus said:
The game is coming out next tuesday for north america is it going to have the same problem for my r4
Expect the same problem to be prest on the US release.
This JP release has the English language available. It actually loads in English if that's your default system language.
Just grab this release and use the supplied fix on this thread.

kikkeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Yeah, I didn't run the patch on the memory card. But rather the patched rom corrupts the whole memory card. Never thought a single game could do but guess it's possible.. just a warning guys, backup your memory cards.

xjeffyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first time posting go easy.

ive read through most of the posts. can anyone confirm how far they have gotten using the codes narin posted using the cyclods. i did get past the first time warp but i have not had much time to get any further.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xjeffyx said:
first time posting go easy.

ive read through most of the posts. can anyone confirm how far they have gotten using the codes narin posted using the cyclods. i did get past the first time warp but i have not had much time to get any further.
I've gone back and forth through time and past plenty events including the known early freeze points with no problems whatsoever.
The code was tested, it works. In fact, it was tested before it was released.

Demote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

could someone please make a manual how to put the "cheat" codes on the Super Card DS One?
the patch doesnt work - if you patch the game it only says something about "generating save file"
and thats all. The game just dont start.

Or is there any other chance to run the game game on the supercard DS One?

wangchuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me getting this to work on my DSX? (yeah, I know!
shy.gif
)

I tried using the patch but then it froze at the "intializing save file" screen. Then I took that same patched file and did the Max Crass Method on it and it seemed to work perfectly until I went into the time portal after Marle and the portal animation stayed in an endless loop. What do I need to do?
frown.gif

Demote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem with the supercard - i dont now what the problem is. The patch work, but if you start the game there is only the "initialising save file"-screen and nothing more is happening. Did someone allready know how to fix this? If also created a save file with the unpatched game, renamed the save file for the patched game, but that doesnt work either...

GamerGirl20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I had gotten this game to work, but now I can't make it through the door in the Cathedral. The Music plays but the door doesn't appear. Warps work fine, Monster Arena works fine. I have an M3 Real with 4.1 X firmware.

So far I tried DSATM, that just made the game not load on my DS. I tried the patch that Belmont put up earlier (Tried both the first one and the M3 patch, first one worked and got me through the portal, but I couldn't battle in the monster arena, M3 patch made the game not load.)

What am I doing wrong here?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Demote said:
Same problem with the supercard - i dont now what the problem is. The patch work, but if you start the game there is only the "initialising save file"-screen and nothing more is happening. Did someone allready know how to fix this? If also created a save file with the unpatched game, renamed the save file for the patched game, but that doesnt work either...
If you have a SuperCard DS ONE, press X on the Chrono Trigger icon to access the File Information window. Then press "SET PATCH" and disable "Saver Patch". Press SAVE.
After that, press X again and press "CHANGE" until you see Save Size: 256.0K.

Run it and enjoy Chrono Trigger
tongue.gif

GamerGirl20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamerGirl20 said:
I thought I had gotten this game to work, but now I can't make it through the door in the Cathedral. The Music plays but the door doesn't appear. Warps work fine, Monster Arena works fine. I have an M3 Real with 4.1 X firmware. I'm most recently using the codes provided in the Cheat.DB file, tried both versions of the code (M3 and non M3).

So far I tried DSATM, that just made the game not load on my DS. I tried the patch that Belmont put up earlier (Tried both the first one and the M3 patch, first one worked and got me through the portal, but I couldn't battle in the monster arena, M3 patch made the game not load.)

What am I doing wrong here?
Oops, didn't mean to do this....I meant to edit my other post, not quote it.
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one