War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
i dont get it , why were all these people hyped about this game, it dosent have any graphics , very bad ones actually, i dont know about the story so i can say, and it has no Wi-fi, then whats so good?
Good graphics do not equal a good game.
Wi-fi does not equal a good game.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
jahrasta311 said:
DieForIt said:
For this, DieForIt is going to download the PSX ISO. Put it on his PSP. (No protection).
DO IT THEN, GET OUT OF HERE.
dry.gif
A newbie don't have to say what I should to do !

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
BestIntrest said:
TrolleyDave said:
BestIntrest said:
Has anyone even confirmed it to be a piracy protection lock or is everyone simply going to continue to throw that crap around like they know what they're talking about?

It's good old fashioned copy protection and everyone who's saying it does actually know what they're talking about.

Explain your opinion or it'll stay so. Just because you don't know why the game doesn't progress past certain points doesn't mean it's copy protection. Take FFCCRoF for example.

Or, how about we flip your words round.

Explain your opinion. Why ISN'T it piracy protection?

The game runs on an emulator.
The game has all sorts of wacky things happening at significant points in the game, on every, single, flashcard, available, for, the, DS.

Now, obviously in you're opinion this is all just a coincidence, is that what you're going on?

Posts merged

DieForIt said:
QUOTE(jahrasta311 @ Nov 18 2008, 11:42 PM) QUOTE(DieForIt @ Nov 18 2008, 02:37 PM)
For this, DieForIt is going to download the PSX ISO. Put it on his PSP. (No protection).

DO IT THEN, GET OUT OF HERE.
dry.gif

A newbie don't have to say what I should to do !
I'll say it then.

I've been here 6 years.

Piss off.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
jahrasta311 said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
i dont get it , why were all these people hyped about this game, it dosent have any graphics , very bad ones actually, i dont know about the story so i can say, and it has no Wi-fi, then whats so good?
unsure.gif

It's the best game ever made, go play Crysis if you want graphics, nerd.

Look who is talking...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
VISHI SO FISHI said:
VISHI, this post was really unneeded!! It's your opinion, and you can hold it for yourself, you can't judge the game if you haven't even tried..and you knew that this will only cause people to flame you!

And if you didn't get it till now, NDS is NOT ABOUT GRAPHICS....and this game is classic!

jahrasta311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Destructobot said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
It's the best RPG of all time.

Explain....
There's no explaining. Play the game and witness it for yourself.

BTW, I'm calling up Nintendo about your New Super Mario Bros project, since you dissing the best game ever made, I'm pretty sure you can expect a cease and desist notice in the near future.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
*eyetwitch*
mad.gif

Have I ever mentioned that I hate gamers who only look at a games graphics or "multiplayer" to decide if it's any good?
So-called "BAD GRAPHICS" (read "not modern enough") do not matter if the game is fun and interesting. so-Called "AMAZING GRAPHICS" do not matter if a game is crap, pure and simple. You play a game to PLAY the game not STARE AT THE GRAPHICS.
Nice graphics and interesting art styles are excellent extras if a game is fun and playable. Nice graphics on a game that is simply no fun to play is like coating garbage in gold. It still stinks, end of subject.

Why is it that so many gamers won't play or appreciate older games or retro styles/graphics? Why is it that anything that doesn't look like it's pushing the graphic capabilities of the ps3 automatically be crap?

/endrant

Try the game before you say it sucks!
I never played it before and i'm enjoying it a lot. The battle system is fun, the story seems interesting.
Who cares what it looks like?
Also-classic RPG. Doesn't need multiplayer.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
jahrasta311 said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Destructobot said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:

Explain....

BTW, I'm calling up Nintendo about your New Super Mario Bros project, since you dissing the best game ever made, I'm pretty sure you can expect a cease and desist notice in the near future.

Lol this made me laugh so bad , i am still laughing...! ok i didnt want to start a flamewar , i was just asking what;s in the game for me .

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BestIntrest said:
TrolleyDave said:
BestIntrest said:
Has anyone even confirmed it to be a piracy protection lock or is everyone simply going to continue to throw that crap around like they know what they're talking about?

It's good old fashioned copy protection and everyone who's saying it does actually know what they're talking about.

Explain your opinion or it'll stay so. Just because you don't know why the game doesn't progress past certain points doesn't mean it's copy protection. Take FFCCRoF for example.

It was copy protection in FFCC as well, it was just poorly written copy protection. What makes you so sure this isn't? It has the same faults on every card at the same points, but it doesn't have the same problems on an emulator. The emulator treats the rom as an original cartridge, a flash cart doesn't. All the game has to do is check the name of the cart as shown in the firmware, if it doesn't match the original carts name then it refuses to run properly.

In an emulator checking the cartridge header would give the correct result because it doesn't have a filter ie. a flashcart in between.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
jahrasta311 said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Destructobot said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:

Explain....

The project was dropped also if you sent an email to Nintendo they wouldn't give a shit, look at this: http://www.google.gr/search?q=super+mario+...lient=firefox-a

You should notify them about that too
dry.gif

I'm at level 4, gotta keep playing more chrono trigger!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BestIntrest said:
TrolleyDave said:

it reminds me the Earthbound copy protection, all throughout the game, there were many piracy check.
http://starmen.net/mother2/gameinfo/antipiracy/
this one is the same, at specific point the game check for certain data (and certainly different area each time).
save size, game code, hardware check, etc.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys make me laugh. Your complaining over DieForIt made a mistake, and thought he had a working version. WELL NEWSFLASH: It's over, live life. And if you really want to play, just get the SNES/PSX version. The DSes new features don't even come into play until you are over 20 hours in, except for the Cutscenes (which are on the PSX, mind you)

BestIntrest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gacktgacktgackt said:
Or, how about we flip your words round.

Explain your opinion. Why ISN'T it piracy protection?

The game runs on an emulator.
The game has all sorts of wacky things happening at significant points in the game, on every, single, flashcard, available, for, the, DS.

Now, obviously in you're opinion this is all just a coincidence, is that what you're going on?

I'll say it then.

I've been here 6 years.

Piss off.

You've been here for 6 years and still are unable to hold a decent argument. Flipping someone's words around doesn't make a valid argument. Just because a flashcart can't run a game that doesn't mean it's copy protected. FFCC worked after carts got updated. A lot of games didn't work on the R4 till it it updates it's firmware from time to time.

Btw, spamming commas doesn't win arguments either.

[Edit for Trolley]
I'm not so sure it's not, it darn well could be. I'm just saying lets not rule out the option of it not being CP.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
@jahrasta311: You've the luck that your basic language is English!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/end flame + end offtopic]

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
jahrasta311 said:
Pendor said:
There's something I want to make clear.

Noone considered the posibility that this might not be a protection per se, as everyone is saying.

Sometimes flashcarts just can't handle new stuff. That's why developers release firmware updates.

Someone PLEASE show me strong and decisive evidence that this "blocks" are indeed anti-piracy measures.

Yep, I know.

You can't.
There's something I want to make clear.

Noone is not a word.

Unless of course we are talking about noONE

ph34r.gif

Go ahead.

Make fun of me because of a friggin typo.

frown.gif

QUOTE(Destructobot @ Nov 18 2008, 08:44 PM) QUOTE(VISHI SO FISHI @ Nov 18 2008, 02:43 PM)

Seconded.

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
It was copy protection in FFCC as well, it was just poorly written copy protection. What makes you so sure this isn't? It has the same faults on every card at the same points, but it doesn't have the same problems on an emulator. The emulator treats the rom as an original cartridge, a flash cart doesn't. All the game has to do is check the name of the cart as shown in the firmware, if it doesn't match the original carts name then it refuses to run properly.

In an emulator checking the cartridge header would give the correct result because it doesn't have a filter ie. a flashcart in between.
It doesn't work on emulators. Part work and other parts don't.

No$gba also gets the infinite time travel.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BestIntrest said:
You've been here for 6 years and still are unable to hold a decent argument. Flipping someone's words around doesn't make a valid argument. Just because a flashcart can't run a game that doesn't mean it's copy protected. FFCC worked after carts got updated. A lot of games didn't work on the R4 till it it updates it's firmware from time to time.

Btw, spamming commas doesn't win arguments either.
You think they updated the Firmware for no reason?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw