x51ponbn5.jpg

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually not too bad, if you can tolerate the track list. That's where the problem starts.

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Rayder said:
It's actually not too bad, if you can tolerate the track list. That's where the problem starts.
Ditto.

Rock you like a Hurricane though, always a classic.

To be honest, the way the drums work in this pisses all over Rock Revolution, also the way the guitar works in this pisses all over the hand-breaking frustration of the shit guitar grip. Feels much nicer like strumming on 6 strings than using 4 gimped buttons.

Hmmm... Career Mode is really annoying in this, first stage choose between two songs, second stage choose between two new songs, third stage choose between two new songs and one previous song, fourth stage choose between two previous songs and one new one... think I'm going to give up. Can't be arsed playing songs over and over again, someone let me know if this is ever just cheated to make the entire songlist available in quick play. Cheers

denyfate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vague Rant said:
If I'm remembering correctly, this game was actually released for phones ages ago; which seems likely since Gameloft started out on phones.

Have any phone -> DS ports been any good? *glares at Deep Labyrinth*

well asphalt2 wasn't too bad on ds... and asphalt3 on N-series was amazing-ly fun..
too bad i don't have any N-series phone.. so i only have the asphalt3 3d for normal phones

anywho i had this for my phone and it was pretty fun..
this is pretty good for a guitar hero replacement i suppose, seeing how i don't want to pay like 20 bucks for the guitar grip
hehe.. im cheap ^^

the touch screen control gets pretty fun once it gets more complicated~
drumming seemed a bit boring.. i mean.. only using two buttons?

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Damn, at first glance I thought it said it was Guitar Hero On Tour Decades (USA)...

...but it isn't. frown.gif" [2]

PKInferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what the developers were thinking when making this game: "Lets make a music game, but instead of actually making it good, we'll throw it together like every other Guitar Freaks /Rock Band / GH World Tour ripoff, then combine all their names to make the title stand out!"

brilliant idea. but not a good game by any means XD

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick impressions:

Much better than Rock Revolution. The on-stage graphics, while not matching what is being played, are in 3D and move very well, as compared to Rock Revolution's static 2D clip art that moved from left to right occasionally.

Song choices? Varies between bubblegum pop and songs too emo-obscure for me to name. Having one of the better Hives songs on there was great and who doesn't love people attempting to sound like Michael Jackson?

The interface, at least for guitar, is the best I've played on DS in terms of guitar rhythm games. Notes come down and you have to touch them as they pass the fret bar. Nothing too complicated and it's fairly easy to play the game without hand cramps sitting regularly. The game on easy might be too easy, though, but I have a feeling this game is targeted to a younger (and based on all the pink and the fact that you choose created female avatars first, female) audience.

For those wanting a quick and easy Guitar Heroes game that can be played without the controller or a weird button config patch, this should kill some time at work or on a plane. However, only 15 songs total, so don't expect much.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is actually pretty fun.
Yes it's a cheap GH/RB ripoff.
No it is not as good as GH/RB.
Yes, the song choices are a mixed bag.
But I think its worth a play, I'm enjoying it, personally.
As for the Career Mode forcing you to play old songs again, yeah, thats absolutely retarded >_>
Does anyone have the full song list? I've only got up to the set that has Rock You Like a Hurricane with Guitar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Then it dropped sometime in 2022, 2021 was when it really went up in price.