DS #2783: My Japanese Coach (USA)

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bamboo said:
you all suck you noobs!!!
I have a Japanese girlfriend so suck that you loosers!!!

You want us to suck your girlfriend??
blink.gif

zak.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bamboo said:

lmao you probobly dont even know one word in japanese

????????

tell you gf to translate that for you

edit: just seen your japanese gf,and i hate to break it to you but shes ugly lol
next time you want to boast about havin a japanese girlfriend make sure she looks like Aya Matsuura, Tanaka Reina, Aki Hoshino etc

edit: lmao i looked at the URL of the pic of your "gf" and realized it linked to the miss universe japan contest, so she was the winner eh? lmao funny shit

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through the introductory test pretty well... got stuck on some of the colors, so it kicked me back out at level 4 or 5 or something.

My big complaint is that it barely explains what is going on once the "lessons" start. The program started throwing some color words at me, and didn't really bother to explain the "Record" feature or anything else... I just sort of randomly pushed buttons and "next" until I had to whack gophers for some reason.

Seems like an OK basic learning tool, but it is definitely NOT organized in any kind of smoothly structured lesson plan.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
pilotwangs said:
Woooo,this has taken a while to come out.

ubisoft concentrated on the my chinese coach game to get it out for the summer olympics, but failed.

due to the heavy work on the my chinese coach game, the japanese coach game got delayed.

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complaints:
Not being able to skip more than 12 chapters, or having any idea about how much gets covered in the game.
Also, the game is ridiculously strict about kana drawing. I know that's the correct stroke order, and it's good for me to break my bad habits, but seriously. It's kana, it's not like kanji, which would look totally wrong if done in the wrong order.

That said, any one know when kanji makes an appearance in the lessons? Or how advanced the grammar gets?

It's a decent game, but all the romaji and lack of kanji keep screwing me up.

jem_gem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I find it kind of annoying that that the stroke order recognition isn't stricter...

My friend is on lesson 30 and apparently it stops using romaji then which is good. I'm just on lesson 23 and its explained basic plain/formal/te/conjunctive conjugations in a funky way so I'm glad I did that in class 2 weeks ago. At least it somewhat tests you on grammar when you unlock the bridgebulder game (just make sure to try and translate the sentences yourself before looking at the pieces). Particle wise, its only gone through wa/wo/ka.

The best thing about this is learning vocabulary because I have none. That's what I get for taking lvl 3 JP instead of 1 or 2 two, but I wasn't about to be stuck with crappy "Japanese for Busy people". Genki is way more useful.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I think Chinese is probably a much more useful language to learn.

Unless you are someone who thinks being able to play more jRPGs is useful.

But I wouldn't really ever want to go to China in my life. The Olympics drama made that feeling even stronger.

Bishang

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Orusaka said:
Well, I must say, the placement tests on these things sure aren't all that clever, are they? Placed me at level 11, then proceeded to give me a lecture on the copula desu. Didn't use the word copula, though. This has a very lax approach to grammar, which is probably good for the target audience. Anyway, I found it amusing that the test placed me at a lecture on something we covered first week in uni. And that was several years of Japanese lessons ago.
I totally agree. I've taken three years of high school japanese; I'm pretty sure I know how to use desu. I wish there was a better test thing that could test your sentence skills and all that other fun stuff.

I do think this game will be good for vocabulary though. There were a few words back from the beginning of Japanese classes that I had forgotten xD

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the rating of releases are mainly based on how expected or wanted this title is than how good it is...
jap would be interesting to learn but a simple program cannot teach u jap unless u have a good adv. forward and i think some other sites will help on that but yah i have been waiting for this too

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Stroke. Order. My. Butt.

Seriously, I know my stroke order, but when you're actually restricted by number of strokes and your DS touchscreen needs stabbing actions to register, it becomes a tad....annoying.

I got all 50 questions right, level 12...? Wut? Relearn 'desu'? >_______>

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
zak. said:
Bamboo said:

????????

edit: just seen your japanese gf,and i hate to break it to you but shes ugly lol
next time you want to boast about havin a japanese girlfriend make sure she looks like Aya Matsuura, Tanaka Reina, Aki Hoshino etc

edit: lmao i looked at the URL of the pic of your "gf" and realized it linked to the miss universe japan contest, so she was the winner eh? lmao funny shit

What's that? aminimagaitesu? or is it aminihagaitesu??

What does that mean?

zak.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
zak. said:
Bamboo said:

????????

What's that? aminimagaitesu? or is it aminihagaitesu??

What does that mean?

it means hes a gay/fag

anata no gei desu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vja8uoOy5XE?si=d2qo7jYK9TiyaOZ2