Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks nice
happy.gif

EDIT: WOW~! This game is awesome!! I've been playing for a few minutes now, very good game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmph...really? Glad to hear you guys are diggin' it. I wasn't sure what to expect with this game, as EA has never really done much for me on Nintendo platforms. But I was planning on trying it. Now my interest is quite piqued.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Zubo, due out later this year, has DS gamers adventuring around the cartoon world of Zubalon helping and collecting the bullet-headed, mini-fig like Zubos through rhythm-base combat.

The game, created for 7 to 11-year-olds, may sound childish, but it looks to have the right mix of art-style, sense of fun and graphic muscle power to be a potential hit on the portable.

I sat down with the game for a short demonstration last week with UK's EA Bright Light studio. The devs told me that the game will push the DS to it's technical limits with scenes that boast a minimum of 2,000 polygons.

The stylus-driven game is broken down into a number of themed-worlds, each with it's own team of Zubo that you can befriend through tasks and mini-games to add to your team of three. All said there will be 55 different Zubo in the game and all of them will have unique attacks during combat.

Combat is performed through an elite-beat-esque rhythm game that has you first choosing your attack and then either carrying it out or failing by tapping the sliding across the screen with the stylus.

The demo I saw, while fun to look at, was in a setting to loud to really hear the music, and it's the music and how it syncs up with the on-screen action that can make or break this sort of game. The art-style, though, will certainly play with the age group, and even adult fans of plastic figures.

Some kind of rhythm game?

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
updowners said:
QUOTE said:
Zubo, due out later this year, has DS gamers adventuring around the cartoon world of Zubalon helping and collecting the bullet-headed, mini-fig like Zubos through rhythm-base combat.

The game, created for 7 to 11-year-olds, may sound childish, but it looks to have the right mix of art-style, sense of fun and graphic muscle power to be a potential hit on the portable.

I sat down with the game for a short demonstration last week with UK's EA Bright Light studio. The devs told me that the game will push the DS to it's technical limits with scenes that boast a minimum of 2,000 polygons.

The stylus-driven game is broken down into a number of themed-worlds, each with it's own team of Zubo that you can befriend through tasks and mini-games to add to your team of three. All said there will be 55 different Zubo in the game and all of them will have unique attacks during combat.

Combat is performed through an elite-beat-esque rhythm game that has you first choosing your attack and then either carrying it out or failing by tapping the sliding across the screen with the stylus.

The demo I saw, while fun to look at, was in a setting to loud to really hear the music, and it's the music and how it syncs up with the on-screen action that can make or break this sort of game. The art-style, though, will certainly play with the age group, and even adult fans of plastic figures.

Some kind of rhythm game?

Na u cant call it a rythm game, i played about 40 mintues of it and its quite enjoyable..basically you do quests for different zubos and kill zubons wit rhythm battles kinda like Elite beat agent stlyle, but way better as the attacks are soo funny and creative, (in one attack the guy punces the enyms ice-cream then punches his head on the ice-cream)lol

and you can have a team of zubos and you earn these little beads things when you attack,which allow you to do many super attacks(cool ass)

should try it out definatily

But sometime the colours get too bright , i would suggest to put your birhgtness on level 2 or the least..

thanks

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is not working with my R4... I havent touched my DS in a while now so maybe my firmware is out of date or I have been missing something can somebody confirm ?

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the game seems fun so far... but I HATE the forced "walking with stylus" controls... they aren't fun, and I don't want a big stylus in my screen all the time (which was my problem with zelda PH, the new harvest moon, and the sonic RPG.... )

just please game devs... stop it... please? (at least give a choice)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news.