DS #2696: Kirby Super Stars Ultra (USA)

DrediKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Won't boot on my R4. Getting the message: Unable to read save data. Please turn off power and reinsert game card.

Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Never mind works with firmware update.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea why they would throw in the "Surround" sound option... I can't imagine a DS being hooked up to an 8-speaker setup or anything like that...
rofl2.gif

But I DID notice that while playing with headphones, the Surround sound option sounds the best. Good stuff.

At first, I thought the mini-games would come off as generic and boring, but they're actually pretty fun and get your heart pumping! It's a shame that they didn't incorporate Worldwide Wi-Fi...
frown.gif

Also, I have very faint memories of the original, we're there movelists for each form and where they ever that goddamn long?! So many moves... so cool.
laugh.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The movelists were in the orignal. And this is one game I have been wanting a portable version for a very long time. I am too lazy to do The Great Cave Offensive at the moment. I'll probably do it after some work and finishing the Wily stages in Mega Man 9 (Review: FUCKING OWNAGE!).

I think I'll give Sonic a look but my first impression there is not good.

EDIT: Well. Still not much more impressed. It'll go on the back burner for a bit because of the previously mentioned titles as well as Duke Nukem 3D on XBLA. This week fucking rocks!

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
No idea why they would throw in the "Surround" sound option... I can't imagine a DS being hooked up to an 8-speaker setup or anything like that...
rofl2.gif

But I DID notice that while playing with headphones, the Surround sound option sounds the best. Good stuff.

In recent years sound technicians have developed technology which can simulate a surround sound experience. First it was seen in so called "Surround Sound in a Box" home theater setups, but has recently been moved to smaller speakers in the form of Dolby's "Dolby Headphone" technology.

Using the DS's two speakers, or two headphone speakers, the DS can trick your mind into thinking you hear sounds from behind you. If you want a good DS example of this, play Super Mario 64 DS, and wander around in King Boo's maze. If you position mario with his back to the door which King Boo's laughing from, it actually sounds like it's coming from behind you.

This sort of thing works best in squareish rooms.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a great game, but oh so short :/. Before I went to bed I played some Kirby for about 1-2h and I already completed everything except the Meta Knight and Milky Way levels :

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so excited. Once again, this game has me sucked back in. (point that pun out, and i'll personally castrate you.) I was addicted to the Snes version (still have the cart floating around somewhere. Again, same rules as last pun) and i can't wait to get back into Milkyway Wishes. As far as i can remember, thats the game where
(i put it here if someone hasn't ever played it before
tongue.gif
) You collect the powers which you can use at any time, correct? or was that another mode?)

I was really excited for this and LEGO Batman, but i think i burnt myself out on LEGO games after LEGO Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy (ya know, the glitched to shit and back game that came out before the full series.) I'll keep running with Batman though, because i'm curious to see how it all plays out. But Kirby wins all else lol.

Ooo, but tonight is Duke Nukem 3d night for XBLA.

Geeze, this week is killer for games releases! (for me anyway)

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DrediKnight said:
Won't boot on my R4. Getting the message: Unable to read save data. Please turn off power and reinsert game card.

What firmware are you using couse I get the same error with 1.18

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
EddyB said:
DrediKnight said:

What firmware are you using couse I get the same error with 1.18

Narf, same here with a M3 Simply, latest firmware. Won't start because of this "Unable to read save data". S*cker. Have a 2 GB card, will try a smaller one. This really suxx
frown.gif

Edit: Using the ROM from ES...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE