DS #2495: Final Fantasy IV (USA)

keke_keke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm on R4 1.18 and the 1% missing glitch seems to be the only problem. I really do care about maps because once you complete every map in the game you get the Treasure Hunt augment. I'm a perfectionist.
frown.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keke_keke said:
Yeah I'm on R4 1.18 and the 1% missing glitch seems to be the only problem. I really do care about maps because once you complete every map in the game you get the Treasure Hunt augment. I'm a perfectionist.
frown.gif
If you're a perfectionist /completionist in this game, that means you'll need to get some very rare item drops (tales) to trade in for the best armor in the game. In order to get those drops, you'll really, really need the Treasure Hunt augment that you get for 100% map completion.

It's definitely worth it to make sure you're getting 100% map completion all the way through. You don't want to come back at the end of the game and try to figure out what you missed.

keke_keke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, but I really have beaten this fully on the Japanese DS version. It gets stuck at 99% every time I try. It can't be me...

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keke_keke said:
Thanks for the help, but I really have beaten this fully on the Japanese DS version.
And you haven't tried the (J) save on the (U) rom yet?
blink.gif

Why am I the only person who doesn't want to give up 100+ hours of gameplay from the (J) version? Surely someone else has tried this and can post their results.

[/frustrated whining]

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
i had my jap save on my card
load the USA rom
and
i loaded my jap save on the usa rom

so the (j) save should work on the (U) rom
BACK UP YOUR FILES
You're using an R4 right (sig)? You got it to load to the point where you can actually play it? Not just the intro / title screen, but actual gameplay? If so, would you mind uploading your save file so I can test it out?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
Ryupower said:
i had my jap save on my card
load the USA rom
and

BACK UP YOUR FILES
You're using an R4 right (sig)? You got it to load to the point where you can actually play it? Not just the intro / title screen, but actual gameplay? If so, would you mind uploading your save file so I can test it out?

yes,
I did you the menu patch on FFIV so i could play it
here my old save (J) (i stared over with a (U) save )
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yxl892
it a backup file
so use the R4 to restore it

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keke_keke said:
Is there a way to tell if my dump is bad?The CRC32 on both releases is 264FAC77. Check it against yours.

Ryupower said:
Szyslak said:
QUOTE(Ryupower @ Jul 23 2008, 02:42 PM) i had my jap save on my card
load the USA rom
and

BACK UP YOUR FILES

yes,
I did you the menu patch on FFIV so i could play it
here my old save (J) (i stared over with a (U) save )
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yxl892
it a backup file
so use the R4 to restore it
Thank you very much for that. Will test it out tonight. Much appreciated.
grog.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
keke_keke said:
Is there a way to tell if my dump is bad?
Take a sample to the Doctors for him to examine..... then wait a couple of days for the results...
If you have blood in it, that's a very bad sign
ph34r.gif

Sorry, I just had to.

On topic: If you want to check if your dump is bad, maybe try checking the CRC and comparing it to the value on the ROM's .nfo file?

*EDIT*
Sorry, I just noticed that Szyslak already mentioned the CRC thing.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
some day i think, when a big game comes out, the admin that posts the release should have at the end in nice big bold red letters: "ISO (or) ROM Link Here" and that link auto-bans your account, so ppl ban themselves.

But like a week before the release, post on the main page about how it will happen to minimize falsely banned accounts (for ppl who'd be like, "So is this a rickroll? lets see! *follows link*"

ksirafai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use the Ncard with version 2.53 and the game freeze with black screens just before entering Rydia village (bombring delivery cutscene).

I dont know if someone have this problem, I do not think I have the latest version of this card.

I finished the J patched version of the game months ago, and I encountered the same problem on my second run + of the game, but in another place, at the Leviathan attack cutscene.

Could someone help please?

Emerion

Trophies
XP
Country
Szyslak said:
Hate being a broken record, but can someone else please confirm that the (J) save does not work with this release? I can't get (J) saves to work on CycloDS Evo or R4.

Don't know, but i think, this iND release isn't the final we could get.

Since 1hour i crash the game always on the same point, when Cecil reach the 11th level of his new class. I think i have play around 6 or 7 hours to reach this part.

On R4 1.18, and after a combat and get the new lvl, pof, black screen of the death...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again