Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
How can you possibly hate stylus games and be a DS enthusiast at the same time

I don't mind stylus games at all. It's just when they FORCE it on you when it didn't really need to use the touchscreen that bothers me. Something like EBA is great with the stylus and wouldn't be possible with the dpad and buttons, but something like this game should have at least given you the option of using the buttons.....not to mention a lefty option.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DAMN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!

*OMG a DS shmup!!!!!!* SUPER HYPE from me
*Boot game, creates profile, select mission, choose guns....*
*WTF NO LEFT HANDED OPTIONS?!?!?!?!!??! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*delete this piece of crap*

What the hell is this anyway??? The buttons are used for NOTHING how hard it is to map those button the same as the D-pad or simply add the left handed options.... piece of garbage.

sergeant_maya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I thought I saw UNDERWEAR Attack instead
laugh.gif

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
yuyuyup said:
How can you possibly hate stylus games and be a DS enthusiast at the same time

I don't mind stylus games at all. It's just when they FORCE it on you when it didn't really need to use the touchscreen that bothers me. Something like EBA is great with the stylus and wouldn't be possible with the dpad and buttons, but something like this game should have at least given you the option of using the buttons.....not to mention a lefty option.
Ditto to this. Too many games use the stylus just because it's there, instead of because it lets them do something new. The most grievous offender are games that use the stylus and the D-pad such as this one; holding up your DS with one hand is not comfortable. Use one or the other, not both.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm strong enough to hold my ds with one hand. The real problem is being able to see your oncoming targets with the stylus blocking part of the screen.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
Ditto to this. Too many games use the stylus just because it's there, instead of because it lets them do something new. The most grievous offender are games that use the stylus and the D-pad such as this one; holding up your DS with one hand is not comfortable. Use one or the other, not both.

I find Geometry Wars to have excellent controls using the D-pad and stylus, but yes you probably have to put the DS down on your lap or on a table to use it. Personally, I like this setup, and can think of no better way to implement games where you have to be able to move and fire in different directions at once.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?