T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
np I just made another one but I've run out of quota to upload it. Doubt it would be any different result anyway :/ (PM me email if you want to try it).
Well least you have a reason to enter the latest competition (keep eyes on the portal
ph34r.gif
).

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sidneyyoung said:
-GJ- said:
I know the instructions are in the nfo file, and I used them, but I still get 1 sec of DOS and then it doesn't patch anything..

make a txt file and paste this in it.... bspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf .. now save the file as a .bat file, or rename it. chuck it in the directory with the patch along with the originally named .nds file and double click the .bat file. you should end up with a patched.nds file.

Many thanks Sidney, the patch works now!

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
np I just made another one but I've run out of quota to upload it. Doubt it would be any different result anyway :/ (PM me email if you want to try it).
Well least you have a reason to enter the latest competition (keep eyes on the portal
ph34r.gif
).

"np I just made another one..."
If the file is 524kb or there-abouts than dont worry about it. Converts to DS-X at a measly 256kb -not sure if that point is particularly significant or not.
Competition? Ah i can barely keep my eyes on the road, nevermind the "portal"...
wacko.gif

Ill be investing in a new flashcart when this years releases come into fruition, such as Order of Ecclesia and now most likely the US/EU release of MS7.
Ill give the DS a rest for a while and rekindle my un-quenched love for COD4.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Its really good that we have managed to get this game 100% english just a shame its not as good as the classic series!

When ever a game/rom needs patched i don't usually bother to do it my self but to download the rom ready patched from a torrent site
grog.gif

paul

joghuj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dirt4live said:
I this game really worth to download it?

What??? You really need your head looking at if you're wondering whether or not a game is worth downloading for free or not. Dickhead....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
it's a patch that adds a menu.
the menu contains the options for english, japanese, and european.
this simply switches the game's region.
english=100% english
japanese=original
european=M5 language selection menu.

i made a post about it:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=950...t&p=1272326

Thanks. I replied in that thread as well, but it's been a while since I've patched a game, using the cmd prompt. Anyway you could walk me through the process?

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
thedicemaster said:
it's a patch that adds a menu.
the menu contains the options for english, japanese, and european.
this simply switches the game's region.
english=100% english
japanese=original
european=M5 language selection menu.

i made a post about it:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=950...t&p=1272326

Thanks. I replied in that thread as well, but it's been a while since I've patched a game, using the cmd prompt. Anyway you could walk me through the process?

1 - Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GP23N409

2 - Extract the contents to a separate folder.
1-5.jpg

Note: The html file which leads to nds roms will not be in the download folder. But you don't need that file.

3 - Place the Metal Slug 7 rom in the folder and call is 'xpa-ms7.nds'.
2-5.jpg

4 - Open up 'Commander Prompt'. Enter CD 'folder location of files' (e.g. CD C:\Users\Thomas.Thomas-PC\Downloads\sq-ms7p). Press return.
3-3.jpg

5 - Now in 'Command Prompt', enter: baspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf
4-2.jpg

6 - Press Return and wait until the next sentence appears.
5-2.jpg

7 - A file called 'patched.nds' has been made. Just place that in your DS flash card memory, rename the file and PLAY!
6-1.jpg

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
your link is broken, and if that internet shortcut(on the screenshot) is in the zip i think the file is illegal here.

Well the user who posted that before shouldn't have posted that link then.
tongue.gif

Let me reupload it without the html to roms.

EDIT: Reuploaded file. The html file has been removed.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
DrTek said:
@Thug4L1f3: Works like a charm. You could now choose between Japanese, English and Europe Five
before the game boots.

Everything is in English Language now: Mission, Options, Combat School, Rescued Prisoners.
It even changes the startup bottom screen. Seem like it really patches the game to the different
localized issues. AWESOME!

IMO WAY better than the 2 patches.

3 patches
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm glad there is a 100% English patch now.

Minos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
rscarrab said:
rscarrab said:
Thug4L1f3 said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/129642923/mslug7sav.zip.html

If it's no good I'll make another as I've just patched the game with the SQUIRE patch.

[-EDIT-]
That's from an M3 Simply btw, use Shuny's online converter to change!

Ok, have converted it...

...It doesn't work.
Im running it on v1.1.3. I tried it without the Arm7 fix, than with the Arm 7 fix. I tried using the save before writing to the EEPROM DATA and after. In all scenario's it hangs at the "cant create a save screen".

Im not willing to downgrade my firmware on my DS-X to find out, it most likely wont work. BUT if anyone is willing or still uses an earlier firmware than by all means, i might even consider downgrading just to play ms7.

Im fairly sure i wont be seeing ms7 on my DS-X, which is now, officially broken in comparison to the competition.
Thanks again for the help Thug4L1f3.

Hello to all !

I've also convert the sav file, but the new sav file (i've got it from the Shuny online converter) is much bigger the usual ds-x sav file.
So maybe the converter is not working well ?

Can someone upload an S-C sav file for instance ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol