DS #2234: Rondo of Swords (USA)

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaltyDog said:
Nintendo Power gave this a 6 (IIRC) but honestly this game I enjoy far more than TWEWY. I have been playing that one for over a day now and just can't find it appealing, this on the other hand is far more enjoyable. To each his own.

Actually, I should say the music in TWEWY is quite excpetional.

I agree with this entire post

P

pasc

JPH said:

51z3dK67AeL._SS400_.jpg

51Lg576cb-L._SS400_.jpg

51-301PkuWL._SS400_.jpg

5115kg8hpKL._SS400_.jpg

51A4YbFQzeL._SS400_.jpg

5189cjAYKRL._SS400_.jpg

Sweet, gonna pick up when I finish The World Ends With You.
yaynds.gif

@sonic209, I didn't see yours in the "Validate User Submitted Release" at the time...or I would have validated it.

Another twewy addict
grog.gif
!
yaynds.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaltyDog said:
Nintendo Power gave this a 6 (IIRC) but honestly this game I enjoy far more than TWEWY. I have been playing that one for over a day now and just can't find it appealing, this on the other hand is far more enjoyable. To each his own.

Actually, I should say the music in TWEWY is quite excpetional.
NP have been really off lately.

Other sites and mags have given this a good 8/10. Enjoying this more I just hope I don't get bored before I get to finish like with every RPG since Rocket Slime.

Gimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
What the hype around this game?
What makes you think it will be better than Luminous Arc? (LA has very long and boaring battles)

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
wait
is this turned based
or like hack and slashing?
i see both in the screenshots
It's just turn based. Those action screenshots are the battle scenes which you have no influence on - you can just watch how the attacker slashes through the enemies you went through, can be skipped tho.

hellklown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hellklowndumpster.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
thebobevil said:
The opportunity to play a game, for yourself, for free > reviews

wink.gif
I agree. The only use I have for online and magazine reviews is to know if the game has a critical bug (like SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS) or to know the a little about gameplay, but nobody should choose a game based in someone else's opinions. After all, some pretty crappy games have been given great scores in certain places and some great games have been ignored. I will give it a shot to this game, maybe it can make the wait for FFTA2 a little shorter.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bobevil let me just clarify this

Summon Night: Twin Age
Summon Night: Twin Age brings its precise controls, beautifully animated graphics, and addictive action RPG gameplay to the Nintendo DS on May 20th. The stylus is your key to the world of Clardona, whether as your swinging sword or your shimmering wall of fire.

thats from atlus website, its been anounce long time ago (january i think).

at last rondo is out, ive been waiting for this.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has some good innovations, but feels like a poor mans Fire Emblem. It does seem to require a bit more strategy though.

I've only been through the tutorial and can't beat the final lesson. I only have a gripe with the controls. It's a little hard to tell if you've just selected the person or have de-selected them. I feel like I might waste a turn figuring this out sometimes.

You also have to plan way ahead with the whole passing through the characters system. It's good if you have the patience for it I guess. I'd rather play Fire Emblem myself.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great game
happy.gif

Just gotta say tho, don't you love the asshats that always go
"LOL DIS GAEM LOOK LIEK SUK! Y SHUD I PLAI?" or "Y TEH HYEP, DIS LOOK RETARTED LOLOLOL!"
I always just want to slap their dumb asses and tell them to try the ****ing game before judging it.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
This game can't compete with The World Ends With You.

And BTW it's not that good, there's better RPGs than this one, I just can't find something new in this game.

But that's just my opinion.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Other sites and mags have given this a good 8/10. Enjoying this more I just hope I don't get bored before I get to finish like with every RPG since Rocket Slime.
:| same
Though I am almost done with FFCC: RIng of Fate, just have to beat the final boss but I haven't had time...

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ugh..I was REALLY disappointed from this game.
I also think they overreacted with the difficulty,I couldn't even do the first mission for god sake.

Pie_Master178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
B-Blue said:

And BTW it's not that good, there's better RPGs than this one, I just can't find something new in this game.

Err....It isn't a normal RPG it's a Strategy RPG game and look closer,the game introduces a new way of attacking...instead of actually moving to a individual character and selecting "Attack" you instead select a path through multiple units if possible and your character(s) attack one enemy after the other.

I admit it doesn't sound very exciting on paper but in motion it's truly beautiful(well great
tongue.gif
) and while I agree "The World Ends With You" is a great RPG game the two games shouldn't be compared as they are in two totally different Genres.(One is Tactical the Other is mostly hack & slash).

I respect your preference I just wish you didn't discard the game based on the first few levels,It picks up and gets challenging to boot.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:

You have it backwards, friend. The World Ends With You can't compete with this
lecture.gif

Anyway,

Selmer and Elmer are traps

Demi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any penalty for losing a character in battle? I lost one in the first mission, and in the second, it says he is "Hurt" on the character select screen, but I can still use him?

At least I don't permanently lose them, thank the lawd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...