DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never back off, never surrender tonight is the night they die........no.......i mean.....someone repair/break the bug/protection.

supaboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
roulf said:
About the DSLinker fix or what-not, if you disable the auto-patching but your game has ALREADY been auto-patched at some point, won't you have to re-load a clean, unpatched ROM for it to work even after this "Fix"?

You will need a squeeky clean rom ... if it works *chuckle*

I can confirm that it does NOT *surprise surprise* work with a clean rom either
smile.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Yeah, basically your memory card can't respond to requests from the rom in a fast enough time, so the patching takes care of that.

I believe the request time is something like 4ms, but the memory cards are like 12ms or slower ... don't quote me on that, though.

You are incorrect. Real DS carts can respond in 4 microseconds.

danielgardino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BRAKING NEWS FLASH!!!!

Regarding the "infamous" b0xxle version, I tested in on my R4 and got two blank screens, as described by our fellow members of this forum. However, I also happen to have an EZ Flash IV for GBA games as well, and when I tried to run the ROM from SLOT-2 catridge... it worked!
yaypsp.gif

I have yet to play further in the game to see if the Moogle Screen of Death is going to appear, but the version seems not to be a bogus. Besides that, the roms size is around 6 megabytes smaller than the original release.

Well, gotta play that now and see!

Cheers.

darkpunk24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good..but i unfortunately haven't got any SLOT - 2 Flashcards..then if the game or the boXXle versione not work on the r4..i can't play..there is any ways to work the boXXle versione on the flashcard slot 1?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
thebobevil said:
Yeah, basically your memory card can't respond to requests from the rom in a fast enough time, so the patching takes care of that.

I believe the request time is something like 4ms, but the memory cards are like 12ms or slower ... don't quote me on that, though.

You are incorrect. Real DS carts can respond in 4 microseconds.

I used 'ms' meaning micro-seconds because I couldn't remember the abbreviation for micro-seconds ... so, no, I am not wrong
tongue.gif

And by memory cards ... for people who can't grasp what I meant, I meant microSD cards ... not DS carts.

Posts merged

QUOTE(darkpunk24 @ Mar 14 2008, 10:33 PM)
Good..but i unfortunately haven't got any SLOT - 2 Flashcards..then if the game or the boXXle versione not work on the r4..i can't play..there is any ways to work the boXXle versione on the flashcard slot 1?

Ignore the b0xxle release ... it white-screens slot-1 carts.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Law said:
cracker said:
terminator99 said:
What do those codes meant to do?

They will hopefully reset the responsible timer(s).

I'm going to try it now, I'll do a quick run through the first dungeon and see what happens. I've got nothing else to do anyway.

HAHAHA OH WOW CRACKER!

I just killed the first boss and didn't get the "Thank you for playing!!" screen.

Going to go deeper in game, I'll give you some updates as I go along.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
darkpunk24 said:

I think the so-called "boxxle version" gives two white screens to slot-1 users because it's prepatched:

QUOTE(chautemoc @ Mar 12 2008, 11:12 PM) Game: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates
System: Nintendo DS
Release Group: b0XXle

Why is it realeased again? b0XXle has fixed the "Thank you for playing!" screen error. It no longer does it! ROM has been re-dumped, injected with ARM7fix, and ran through the M3 game manager using 4xDMA/Force R/W. The result? No more "Thank you for playing screen!" And a 100% working game. Enjoy.

As you know, slot-1 cards work with clean ROMs (although some of them patch them on the fly, which seems to be the cause of this problem). If you try to use any patched ROM, it will white-screen you. It may seem as if that patch configuration from the M3 Manager worked with the EZ IV, I guess.

PS: thebobevil, you sure like this thread. You post count raised madly during the last two days
ohmy.gif

Edit: That code thingy seems interesting. I'll keep tuned to hear more from you guys.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
HEY i got a SuperCard SD...is THAT considered a slot 2 device?

but of course i have to convert it to a nds.dsqq file before supercard can play it...

but still...will it work?

If it goes in the Slot-2 slot, then it's a Slot-2 device
wink.gif

So, yes, it is a Slot-2 device
smile.gif

As for whether it will work or not, that is for you to discover ... off ya go, Columbus
tongue.gif

[Actually, in all seriousness, I dug out my SuperCard MicroSD to test it, the other night, and it didn't work ... the regular version & the b0xxle version.]

Posts merged

QUOTE(Joey Ravn @ Mar 14 2008, 10:42 PM) PS: thebobevil, you sure like this thread. You post count raised madly during the last two days
ohmy.gif

That tends to be how I roll on forums ... one thread gets all my focus, pretty much, for a few days, maybe a week ... then, like a mail-order bride with your bank details, I am gone
smile.gif

[I think part of it comes from sitting at a desk with 3 screens around me ... I leave one open to which ever forum I am posting on, and then one for work, and the third for movies and games ... ah, the joys and perils of working from home lol]

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Can I ask how often after the first cave should the Thank You For Playing message occur? Using crackers AR codes I got past the first cave, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before I should get a message.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danielgardino said:
BRAKING NEWS FLASH!!!!

Regarding the "infamous" b0xxle version, I tested in on my R4 and got two blank screens, as described by our fellow members of this forum. However, I also happen to have an EZ Flash IV for GBA games as well, and when I tried to run the ROM from SLOT-2 catridge... it worked!
yaypsp.gif

I have yet to play further in the game to see if the Moogle Screen of Death is going to appear, but the version seems not to be a bogus. Besides that, the roms size is around 6 megabytes smaller than the original release.

Well, gotta play that now and see!

Cheers.

Umm... you sure?

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12364

Rciwws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i've personally gotten the message 4 times.

First time was right after the moogle battle intro as I crossed into the first dungeon

Second and Third was in the second town after id complete the item usage tutorial

The last was while wandering around the 2nd dungeon for ~10 minutes

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
Can I ask how often after the first cave should the Thank You For Playing message occur? Using crackers AR codes I got past the first cave, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before I should get a message.

The amount of time really does seem to have some randomness to it ... everyone seems to report slightly different things ... which is what has led to all the different theories.

The only thing that is a common factor is, the message appears when you are going through a door, from one zone to another, in a dungeon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...