DS #2037: Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2: Shoou no Seihai (Japan)

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Law: You have a password from the first game? What did you get using it on this release?

I got the Etoria Crown (Town Crown from 1), a character from EO1 that was in my guild will appear in a mini-quest much later that is supposed to be very difficult*, and the guild name carried over as well.

You can still change the guild name once if you wish.

It is also possible to bring the Etoria Medal, instead of the Crown. I don't know what determines this.

*Honestly not sure about this part, I'm just going based off reports from other players. I can confirm the crown/medal and guild name part though. Once you put in the password properly it brings up your old guild's name. You are asked if you want to change it, and then you receive your item and go about business like normal.

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahhh... I need to fully complete part one then.
Medal is from Fifth Stratum, right? I guess not completing the Last Stratum gives you the Medal.

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, I think it's more based on the password than how far you got (Since the password is randomly generated every time you look at it)? Who knows.

The items are nerfed anyway. Medics are nerfed too, no more Immunize.

Nephilim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy cow I LOVED the first game. I hope someone translated at least the menus. That is if they don't have a plan on releasing this in the U.S. in the next month or two.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The city areas seem pretty much just like the first one. It shouldn't be too hard to piece together enough to play a bit (for anyone that's played EO) without translations. Of course, knowing the story would be interesting too. Can someone give a synopsis of the intro story?

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got a question for those of you playing this.

While playing on your DS, does the map look as green as it does in the screenshots? Or does it look more like a blue that was in Etrian Odyssey (1)?

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

While playing on your DS, does the map look as green as it does in the screenshots? Or does it look more like a blue that was in Etrian Odyssey (1)?

It's not as green as the screenshots make it look, but it's not the original blue either.

Kind of a mix between the two.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

While playing on your DS, does the map look as green as it does in the screenshots?  Or does it look more like a blue that was in Etrian Odyssey (1)?

It's not as green as the screenshots make it look, but it's not the original blue either.

Kind of a mix between the two.

Ok, everyone else agree with this as well? I'm planning on making maps for Etrian Odyssey 2 like I did for Etrian Odyssey. But I need to know the accurate color scheme cause the emulators right now seem to give it a much brighter green than I see in-game.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Is this coming out in either U or E?

Most likely as the first sold pretty well outside Japan.

Anyway now I have to free some time for more delrious " Oh my god FOE- RUN AWAY" sort of fun
smile.gif

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I really gotta finish the first game. But its nice to hear others players opinions improvements/changes. It took me forever to find a copy of the first game. I'll be keeping a much better eye on its English release this time round.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I've started with some info I've gleamed in a brief time playing and put it on the wiki. Feel free to add to what's missing. A lot of it is guessing since the menus are similar to the first Etrian Odyssey.

To get started in the game, you have to create characters, put them into a group, and then accept a mission from the Radha Hall (if that's what they call it nowadays).

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started with some info I've gleamed in a brief time playing and put it on the wiki. Feel free to add to what's missing. A lot of it is guessing since the menus are similar to the first Etrian Odyssey.

To get started in the game, you have to create characters, put them into a group, and then accept a mission from the Radha Hall (if that's what they call it nowadays).

It doesn't take place in the same land so it's not called Radha Hall.

Flos Inn
- Sleep til Day
- Sleep til Night
- Storage
* Deposit (Holds up to 99 Items, a fee is charged)
* Withdraw
- Talk
- Save
- Leave
Loyal Herbal Academy
- Revive (I assume)
- Talk
- Leave
Shitoto Trading Post
- Buy
* Weapons
* Armor
* Accessories
* Items
- Sell
- Talk
- Equip (Or something, it lets you change the equipment of your party right there from your inventory)
- Leave
Steel Spiny Sharks Bar
- Accept Quests
- Report Quests
- Talk
- Leave
Adventurer's Guild
- Register
- Organize
* Retire
* Rest
* Delete
* Change Name (I think, it costs 1000en to do something involving your character's name at any rate)
- Formation
- Talk
- Leave
Palace of Lagaard
- Accept Mission
- Report Results
- Report Discoveries
* Monster Compenium
* Item Compendium
* Equipment Compendium
- Talk
- Leave
Forest Entrance
- Labyrinth
- Geowarp (If it's anything like the first one)
- Return to Town

Classes are (from top to bottom)

Swordsman (Landsknecht)
Ranger (Survivalist)
Paladin (Protector)
Dark Hunter
Medic
Alchemist
Bard (Troubador)
Bushido (Ronin)
Curse Maker (Hexer)
Gunner
Doctor Magus
Pet [Not available from the beginning]

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The skills can all go die in a fire =(

The easiest part is figuring out what skills were removed since all the classes (with the exception of the new ones of course) lost about 3~5 skills that Atlus deemed made the game too easy, or were not useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.