stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for this.

The box art sucks.

The icon sucks.

Just thought I would get those out of the way.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
If nintendo wants to start a business with Korea, then they need to put out more games. and good games too.

That they put manga characters on the cover is enough. This'll be a hit in Korea.
laugh.gif

cynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If nintendo wants to start a business with Korea, then they need to put out more games. and good games too.

That they put manga characters on the cover is enough. This'll be a hit in Korea.
laugh.gif

From what I know, manga doesn't sell well here. I remember seeing a lot of anime dvds being sold at dirt cheap prices to get rid of all the crap in the warehouses.

Just looked it up, Nadesico complete box set (7 DVDs) costs KRW 18,900 (which is about USD 20 FYI). And this isn't some bootleg shit, it's licensed, genuine stuff.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you Korean, or just staying there?

Friends say, and have shown me, that there is a broad cultural exchange happening between (youth in) Korea and Japan. Perhaps not for manga but at least for anime, wihch to me is bascially the same.

In fact a professor from Tokyo told me, as late as last Monday, that kids in Japan eat more kimchi than the kids in South Korea. It might've been exaggerated but, methinks, cleary brings across the point.

Anyhow, of course I tried to be funny with my statement but it might very well hold true. I was also thinking the fact that you saw a lot of anime dvds were being sold inclines that there is a huge market for said things in Korea. In Europe, there is not. Here it's rare and expensive for the most part.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what is this?

turn based strategy, like ff tactics. videos on gametrailers, youtube, etc.

I read that without the full stop.

@cheapassdave compared to some of the European countries (even the big ones) Korea is not doing too bad:

1340 Meoriga Johajineun Sudoku 10000 Mun
1307 Shichidasik Unwe Danryeon Super Brain
1306 Malang Malang Dunwe Gyosil
1297 Tetris DS
1296 Super Mario 64 DS
1152 Pokemon Toroje
1151 Manjyeora! Made in Wario
1098 Naruto - Saikyou Ninja Daikesshu 3
1079 World Soccer - Winning Eleven DS
1078 Touch! Bomberman Land
1047 Nintendogs - Chihuahua & Friends
1046 Nintendogs - Dachshund & Friends
1045 Nintendogs - Labrador & Friends
0992 Powerful Proyagu Begins
0991 Pokemon Dash
0990 Mario Kart DS
0879 New Super Mario Bros.
0878 Unwe Sangkwae Tongkwae Teullin Geulim Jeonjip
0829 Every Day DS English Training
0822 Every Day DS Brain Training
0496 Touch Dictionary (v02)
0326 Touch Dictionary (v01)

cynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you Korean, or just staying there?

Friends say, and have shown me, that there is a broad cultural exchange happening between (youth in) Korea and Japan. Perhaps not for manga but at least for anime, wihch to me is bascially the same.

In fact a professor from Tokyo told me, as late as last Monday, that kids in Japan eat more kimchi than the kids in South Korea. It might've been exaggerated but, methinks, cleary brings across the point.

Anyhow, of course I tried to be funny with my statement but it might very well hold true. I was also thinking the fact that you saw a lot of anime dvds were being sold inclines that there is a huge market for said things in Korea. In Europe, there is not. Here it's rare and expensive for the most part.
I am Korean. But I'm not pretty sure what that has to do with my quote.

There may be a broad cultural exchange between the countries, but that doesn't mean anything that looks like it jumped out of some anime sells. With only two major profitable audiences (children and otakus) official distributors just didn't sell enough to meet the marginal point, so finally they ended up selling most of them at like 10-20% of the retail price, just to get rid of all the overprinted warehouse junk.

Not just anime, but most japanese stuff is kinda treated as pretty geeky material here, so I doubt it should become really popular.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...most japanese stuff is kinda treated as pretty geeky material here, so I doubt it should become really popular.

Interesting.

Well, perhaps that's what this publisher (and others) are attempting to do: work it into the culture. Video games, in general, were "geeky" for many years here in the States, but more diverse titles have changed that immensely.

In any case, this is probably not the greatest representation of a good strategy RPG, in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...