DS #1212: The Settlers (Europe)

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
actually been lookin forward for this for awhile now, kept gettin pushed back on release dates, hope it was worth the wait...

eife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it's not.

it's far, very far from the quality of anno 1701. there is no tutorial for example. And the scrolling is done by cases, not smoothly like in anno.
It doesn't look great too, even for the DS.

and far above the rest, there is no multiplayer. not even in local. No multiplayer at all.

So this game is just... crap.

i'm really disappointed, specially after so much delays

cheapassdave

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
like eife said, the scrolling isnt as smooth as anno but it doesnt bother me too much. you also dont have the building freedom like you did in anno. theres only specific places where you can build buildings, etc. I havent played too much of it, cuz i lost interest...
dry.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can remember the original settlers game on the amiga. I didn't play it much. I think at the time it reminded me a bit of a lemmings rip off, and I never got into it.

crab-scratch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
major disappointment
frown.gif

the game hardly responses to the stylus and everything is kind of slow. the game even has to load before you start for like 20 sekonds. "loading?" you may ask. yes loading. to top it all of: the tv commercial in germany is very bad.

i played the game when it came out for pc and loved it. the ds version however sucks.

Sleepwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I was looking forward to this game, too. It was great on PC (Settlers 1, 2 & 3)
I just gave it a try. Even without tutorial and non-smooth scrolling it could have been great.
...but the sluggish controls just suck
cry.gif

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just deleted this game off my flash card, a major disappointment, game is so slow even on saving, it says saving 5%,10%,etc..... takes a while to load, graphics are worse then anno 1701.

Yu_

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like a homebrew port, but i really, Really, REALLY enjoyed this game, cause it's Settlers after all.
smile.gif
Would be playing it on me way home.

P.S. Eh... Yhey should make some optimizations in "Settlers 2 DS" !!!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
like eife said, the scrolling isnt as smooth as anno but it doesnt bother me too much. you also dont have the building freedom like you did in anno. theres only specific places where you can build buildings, etc. I havent played too much of it, cuz i lost interest...Â
dry.gif

Errm.. that's just like the original Settlers 2.. ¬¬

I loved that game.. I saw some screenshots of this, and it was looking just like the pc version of Settlers 2.

I'll try it later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ,