DS #0870: Super Robot Taisen W (Japan)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoo super robot Taisen and all. For anyone that wonders they are a cross between advance wars and shining force but with giant robots.

Anyhow took a look at the internals and at first glance it does not look good or at least as easy as some of the other roms I have worked with: 4 files including the sound but most of it is one large file. That was only a cursory look with a hex editor though. Any word on whether it loads in an emulator (especially Desmume and no$gba)?

If you are offering though kyosuke_nanbu we are in need of a translator for Jump Ultimate Stars, the text is dumped and most of the hacking work done as well:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43757

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway I can get the non-patched version to become the patched version? I just want to enjoy blowing the bejeezes out of enemies, but I just only get destroyed in these games. =P

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the commercials for this game are funny, that girl says W lol and makes the hand sign, although the commercial get boring since they mostly all are of her saying wow, ah , W.

kyosuke_nanbu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized that there are two different versions of this game floating around the scene.
smile.gif

The one released by WRG is supposedly 90% complete version, which still has no adjustment made over the unit upgradingi costs. That means, all the mechs' upgrade costs are '1', which makes already easy game, way too easy.
tongue.gif

Another one released by 2CH, which is the nfo posted on this thread, is 100% complete, retail version, where the upgrading costs are tweaked for the commercial use, and meant for the gamers.
wink.gif

I don't know if the save files will be compatible with both versions, but I guess I will beat the game with the latter one, then use the first one as my own enjoyment.
tongue.gif

Also, if anyone's interested, I can start faq or some sort of this game, where the dialogs are translated, since this one was some crazy crossovers made all over the place. XD (Such as "Kouji" from Mazinger Z series is supposedly in same school with "Sosuke" from Full Metal Panic!. Also, during one of the episode of FMP Fumoffu, 'Asura' from Mazinger Z encounters the 'bonta-kuns' at the Jindai High school. )

Anyway, off I go to finish playing the game. :-"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.