DS #0864: Sim City (Japan)

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned the rom to a DVD-R successfully, but it won't fit into my DS! I demand an explanation!
nyanya.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I await the english version of Sim City, should be fun to see how badly I fail at it yet again.  Sim City is the one game I approve of cheating in 
wink.gif

Damn i gotta agree with that. I really hope that there is an inbuilt cheating system (very unlikely) or a cheating patch or something gets released for this.

Mortenga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't play sim city.
I fail everytime. I don't even see what i'm doing wrong.
But a couple of years into the game and there are fires, riots, UFOs, dinosaurs, giant intergalactic super-intelligent hair combs and stuff destroying my city. :'(

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The future is bleak. That's why it's virtually impossible to keep a city running proper into the unforseeable future. Damn robots. Hope Bowser comes back though!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
another vote for Dominik93's efforts...I'm assuming we can check this thread from time to time for an update? cheers, thanks for going through that much effort!

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey , schön hier nen Deutschen anzutreffen 
wink2.gif

Currently have some problem , game crashes when going ingame
frown.gif
(it's NDSTool i know it ! but ndsts don't work because the filesize is wrong
frown.gif
)

Some ideas ?

I took a look at it, it's not NDSTool that's causing the crash, it's the newsticker file. I tried renaming "usa_news" to "newsticker", and it caused the crash, everytime. However, when I used ndsts, I didn't alter that at first, and it worked fine. The second I renamed "usa_news", it crashed it, even using ndsts. The problem is that if you look at "newsticker", it has #e, #d, #h, #i etc before the actual text, to differentiate what it's about, and so the game knows which one to display. If you leave those out, and simply put the text from "usa_news" there, it will hang. There's a lot left out of the US translations in the rom, too. I got the building names/data/stats etc to display in english just fine, but a lot of it is left empty - ie "Test" in place of some names, etc. The files that you can just swap over that I've found so far are:

- usaDetailsItemData
- usaDetailsItem
- usaStructeurName
- icon_name_E
- icon_text_E
- panel_text_E

Some bits and pieces will have to be filled in in those, but it's a good start. Then, newsticker will have to be translated, as the US one is missing a lot (about 40kb smaller), I've started on that, but it's slow work. Hope that helps
smile.gif

EDIT - as for ndsts, I just added some filler text after all the important stuff to get it to the same size as the J file. Then ndsts accepted it no worries
happy.gif

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@DarkMatt:

Great !
I will try it out , and i already have some plans for the newsticker (hehe ) =)

€dit:

Oh shi ...
I just compared the usa_news.txt with the newsticker.txt

A difference with over 30kb\s (The usa is really missing a lot
frown.gif
)

€dit:

Also the game has some wifi option but I don't know how it works.
There's also some Code Input menu ^^

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
AOM. Age of mytholgoy would be the most coolest game ever for the NDS( only if its RTS ). i used to love playing SC3000 and then build up the most coolest city and then save it and then swarm it with ufo's. are there any Real Time Strategy games out there. if not why not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)