DS #0848: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (USA)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this game is completely obsolete when you've played Fifa2006/2007.... The game is more or less a rip off and the graphics are much worse. It's not completely crap as it is, but I did throw it off my cart/computer cause I don't need the same game with a different name.

furyoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've ever played PES on PS2 or Winning 11 on Xbox360, you will probably be very frustrated playing this. The passing is terribly inaccurate, through-balls tend to be overhit, the power bar takes a much longer time to load (possibly due to lag) and there's just too much slow down in the game to make it enjoyable.

Konami could have done a better job with this. Why bother with player animations when they, for example, miss a shot when the game play stutters with more than 5 people on the screen? Get rid of extra player animations, get rid of statistics logging (to see who has more possession etc.), get rid of the pointless banners at the side, and just concentrate on getting the game to run smoothly, thank you.

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you've ever played PES on PS2 or Winning 11 on Xbox360, you will probably be very frustrated playing this. The passing is terribly inaccurate, through-balls tend to be overhit, the power bar takes a much longer time to load (possibly due to lag) and there's just too much slow down in the game to make it enjoyable.

Konami could have done a better job with this. Why bother with player animations when they, for example, miss a shot when the game play stutters with more than 5 people on the screen? Get rid of extra player animations, get rid of statistics logging (to see who has more possession etc.), get rid of the pointless banners at the side, and just concentrate on getting the game to run smoothly, thank you.

Totally agree - I think this is a dreadful iteration of the PES brand. The wi fi play is incredibly poor, and the slow down is ridiculous.

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3d Football will never work on a DS...Why dont they just port world cup italia '90 over...And what was the name of the world cup football game for NES where you could do amazing overhead kicks.

Nintendo World Cup
wink.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
3d Football will never work on a DS...Why dont they just port world cup italia '90 over...And what was the name of the world cup football game for NES where you could do amazing overhead kicks.

So not true.
In the times of the Playstation and N64 there was a game called International Superstar Soccer Pro '98 (with the 'Pibe' Valderrama on the cover) and International Superstar Soccer 64.
On the N64 the gameplay was great, very arcade an lots of fun, hey you could even control your own goalkeeper. On the other side, the PSX version was a little bit more realistic, IMHO it was the best futbol game of its time, and that title spawned more titles like International Superstar Soccer Pro and later International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution wich will then be renamed as Pro Evolution Soccer.

Since the DS has more hardware capabilities than the PSX (FF3 is a clear sample of that), Konami could revive those games on this little console. Too bad they are lacking a bit of imagination for the DS ports.
When I first saw the screens on the DS version ISS'98 came to my mind:

It seems that there was a N64 version of ISS98 too! (both games may share the same name on the PSX and the N64, but they had different engines, in general they were different games. Mmmm... no wait the PSX version has a 'Pro' at the end of its title).
600573.jpg

20236856.JPG

You can check the N64 gameplay here
Can't find any gameplay videos on the PSX version.

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think this game is great. A hell of a lot better than any FIFA game that EA put out for any handheld. In FIFA it's always to easy to score, with PES it's at least a challenge and it's more realistic in gameplay. My only gripe with PES for the NDS is the shootout. I don't like how you have to use the touch screen
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.