Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After more playtime, I have come to the conclusion that Rare destroyed this port. They have added way too many touch screen gimmicks, changed so much that makes the original great (I'd rather have the four battle games than the stupid wish track thing for one), and made the Hovercraft and Plane a lot more complicated to handle than they should be.

I'm disappointed Rare. You take one of my favorite games as a kid and you eat it.
frown.gif

pika3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game sucks, I spent a day trying to get it working just to be disappointed. I thought Rare learned something from the N64 version but it seems they haven't. It feels like I'm playing Mario Kart lite (That game doesn't even have much lasting appeal either), one of the worst parts is the start of the race where you have to use the touch screen.
frown.gif

I heard that many were still having issues so if anyone is wondering my settings using an M3 CF with version 31 loader and version 31 game manager they are Software reset, 1xDMA, Force R/W and Trim Rom. (from m3wiki)

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else not a fan of games that require you to blow into the mic and subsequently look like a jackass if you're playing it in public?

I like sitting on public transport shouting BLUE! BLACK! RED! BLACK! YELLOW!

Usually means the seat next to me is left unoccupied, especially if I don't have my DS with me.

LOL!
rofl2.gif

Yea, it does seem very silly for someone to yell colors at a plastic device. hahaha

Never liked racing games, but imma try this out. Sounds cool with the mic/touchpad addition.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do your upgrades work in Wifi mode, or was I playing against a cheater already?

Edit:  Let me clarify by saying this guy was half a lap in front of me and the other 3, and I was using Drumstick, who has highest top speed and acceleration.

Also, does anyone know what the hell those blue tokens with the arrow on them do?

Just because his better than you at the game, is no reason to acuse somone of being a "cheater".

by the way, could somone please tell me where to put that .dat file that fixs DRK on the supercard? thanks...

Its not that he was better than me, its that I was the person with the highest topspeed, highest acceleration, and I was never hit by anything and never crashed, and he still was somehow that far ahead of all three of us. I haven't upgraded any of my vehicles, which is why I was asking if those upgrades carry over to multiplayer; then it would make sense.
He was better than you. Thats all their is to it. Dont you understand? If you have the fastest car in the world racing some standard thing, it doesnt matter how many horse power you have, you need to know how to drive!

btw, this game is pretty crud... But its not tooo bad compared to the quality of DS games these days.
But Rare could have done so much better...

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

shin-obi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get this game to work with my Ewin2-

According to the Ewin2 compatibility list, this game should work. However, when it starts I get a black screen with a bunch of text that says something like; "The gamecard has been removed" etc..

Anyone know why this is?

edit: Nevermind, got it sorted out.

Barra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How many balloons do you need for the final battle with Wizpig?
I currently have 46 and it won't let me in.
I have all trophies, amulets and secret keys

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Edit:Â Let me clarify by saying this guy was half a lap in front of me and the other 3, and I was using Drumstick, who has highest top speed and acceleration.

Also, does anyone know what the hell those blue tokens with the arrow on them do?

Just because his better than you at the game, is no reason to acuse somone of being a "cheater".

by the way, could somone please tell me where to put that .dat file that fixs DRK on the supercard? thanks...

Its not that he was better than me, its that I was the person with the highest topspeed, highest acceleration, and I was never hit by anything and never crashed, and he still was somehow that far ahead of all three of us. I haven't upgraded any of my vehicles, which is why I was asking if those upgrades carry over to multiplayer; then it would make sense.
He was better than you. Thats all their is to it. Dont you understand? If you have the fastest car in the world racing some standard thing, it doesnt matter how many horse power you have, you need to know how to drive!

btw, this game is pretty crud... But its not tooo bad compared to the quality of DS games these days.

Does anyone who isn't an asshole know if the upgrades you buy in adventure do anything in multiplayer?

Barra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you get it?
I already have the one you get by pushing the ice into the water to melt the balloon.

toolp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would use one of them spolier tags but it doesnt seem to work on my web browser... so possible spoiler ahead!!!

Have you got the balloon from the beach area where you can draw in the sand??? Hint draw a ballon and a coin
smile.gif

OMG it totally worked lol

Can i just say that pushing the ice into the water was awful for me the touch screen seemed soooo unresponsive????

toolp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Edit:  Let me clarify by saying this guy was half a lap in front of me and the other 3, and I was using Drumstick, who has highest top speed and acceleration.

Does anyone who isn't an asshole know if the upgrades you buy in adventure do anything in multiplayer?

I'd like to think the upgrades affect multiplayer because I was racing as Drumstick and was beaten 3 times in a row by someone using a character (wont mention which) with very poor stats and he was 1/2 a lap ahead at all times - i stuck it out tho unlike some ppl
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bananners.