Driver San Francisco - vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by yafaiz, Jan 7, 2013.

Jan 7, 2013

Driver San Francisco - vWii by yafaiz at 7:42 AM (1,441 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. yafaiz
    OP

Newcomer yafaiz Old Salt

Australia
    Hey guys,

Does anyone konw of a way to run DSF from a usb hdd, I have tried everything I know of to get this game working but I cannot get past the first story video.

I'm using d2x-cios-v10-beta52 with base 56(ios249) base 57 (ios250) and base 58 (ios251).

I have tried both Wiiflow and UsbLoader Gx, newest versions with all the cios combos I can do (249/250/251)

2. Plunt

Member Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i dont have this game so i can't test myself, but you could try using beta53 of d2x. i don't think the alt versions have any difference in loading other than multiple usb ports

edit: since the game boots, are you sure you have a good rip? try loading the original disc and see if you get the same problem

3. yafaiz
    OP

Newcomer yafaiz Old Salt

Australia
    Just tried all alt-beta53 ios and yeh same deal.

4. Plunt

Member Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    again, could be a bad rip or this paticular game isn't working properly on vwii. though it sounds more like a bad rip

5. petspeed

Member petspeed GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
  6. yafaiz
    OP

Newcomer yafaiz Old Salt

Australia
    I know of the anti piracy, it works on a real Wii with usb gx, just can't get it to work on vWii is all.

7. davebaol

Member davebaol GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    What's the problem? You can always play the original dvd that certainly you legally own.:rolleyes:

Pattonfiend67 likes this.
  8. yafaiz
    OP

Newcomer yafaiz Old Salt

Australia
    The original works but the load times are gay.... also I just like when everything on the hdd works.

9. free47

Newcomer free47 Member

Italy
    in may wi u, v wii dont work klonoa. I dont know if its necessary a particular setting

10. yafaiz
    OP

Newcomer yafaiz Old Salt

Australia
    Yeh I think because the d2x for vWii is different some games just won't work as it is.
    Although I haven't had an issue with games booting, in fact everything I tried works.

It is only Driver that fails after the first cutscene due to this Anti Piracy measure after cutscenes.
    USB Loader GX on a regular Wii will run it....... using d2x v8 final cIOS249 with base 56.

If a game doesn't boot here's what to try:

Try changing the Force Video Mode to the same as your console (PAL/NTSC) or if you are using HDMI/Componant cables (PAL480p/NTSC480p).

Tomb Raiders are fixed this way for example, otherwise they just crash the wii on a black screen, these are tested and work on vWii using this method.

11. yafaiz
    OP

Newcomer yafaiz Old Salt

Australia
    UPDATE:

I have made this game work in USB Loader GX r1188.

Settings:

IOS Reload = Off
    Error 002 = Anti
    Game IOS = 249
    Return To to = Off
    Game Lock = Off
    Everything else = Default.

This does not work in anything other than USB Loader GX r1188, this also works for TinTin.

12. davebaol

Member davebaol GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    You sure? Afaik Tintin never worked before whitout freezing at the end of each video.

13. yafaiz
    OP

Newcomer yafaiz Old Salt

Australia
    UPDATE:

After further playing, Driver freezes after each mission but saves, reboot and play next mission.
    TinTin freezes after each Movie - Unplayable.

These settings work in the newest USB Loader GX also with a fresh copy of the loader (No previous settings).