Homebrew Driver 2 PSX

michele59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've dumped the game with alcohol and it came out as .mdf / mds files. I've read that I can simply rename to .bin and it should be Okay, but I've tried both Wii-SX and PSX-R and neither works (yes I have the BIOS files in the correct location too)
Both emulators I've installed via the homebrew browser so the folders are setup in the correct locations and I'm just loading it up and choosing the .bin file (approx 660mb) and both emulators just freeze with a loud noise.

All I can assume is that renaming the file to bin wasn't enough and I should re-dump the game, what's best to use to get a regular .bin & .cue

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having no experience with PlayStation emulators I can't be of any help when it comes to issues with the emulators.

However, Media Descriptor files are different from a simple bin image, so the emulator needs to have explicit compatibility with the format (maybe some emulators on PC can do it?)

Alcohol 120% can dump CDs as .bin/.cue files, but it will not offer the option if you select the media type "PlayStation". It should offer the option for the type "Normal CD" which should suffice if the game doesn't have LibCrypt protection. Since I couldn't find any protection crack on the site (only PAL/NTSC selectors) that first comes to my mind when thinking about LibCrypt, I assume that Driver 2 doesn't have this subchannel based protection.

Again, missing all competence in topics about PS1 emulation I have no idea what to do in order to run unmodified (not cracked) LibCrypt games, but I suspect that there is information available when searching for it (didn't search myself).

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

michele59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having no experience with PlayStation emulators I can't be of any help when it comes to issues with the emulators.

However, Media Descriptor files are different from a simple bin image, so the emulator needs to have explicit compatibility with the format (maybe some emulators on PC can do it?)

Alcohol 120% can dump CDs as .bin/.cue files, but it will not offer the option if you select the media type "PlayStation". It should offer the option for the type "Normal CD" which should suffice if the game doesn't have LibCrypt protection. Since I couldn't find any protection crack on the site (only PAL/NTSC selectors) that first comes to my mind when thinking about LibCrypt, I assume that Driver 2 doesn't have this subchannel based protection.

Again, missing all competence in topics about PS1 emulation I have no idea what to do in order to run unmodified (not cracked) LibCrypt games, but I suspect that there is information available when searching for it (didn't search myself).

Good luck and have fun!
it crashes using Wiisxrx, and I don't have much hope for it on wiisxr either tbh...... you're hard pushed getting the game to run well (if at all) on the PC emulators! (I've only got it working on duckstation, but there's plenty issues there - pSX just graphical glitches!)

michele59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Emulators;
Code:
PCSX-R 1.9.94 [YES]
ePSXe [YES]
PCSXReARMed RETROARCH [YES]
Duckstation [YES]
Mednafen [YES] No issues with HLE BIOS, either
beetle PSX RETROARCH [YES] No issues with HLE BIOS, either
beetle PSX HW RETROARCH [YES] No issues with HLE BIOS, either
Swanstation RETROARCH [YES] No issues with HLE BIOS, either
NO$PSX [YES] No issues with HLE BIOS, either
XEBRA/SSSPSX [YES] no issues with HLE Bios, either
pSX [NOT REALLY] Works but graphics blink heavily
PCSXRearmed3DS RETROARCH3DS [NOT REALLY (2)] Very slow to react on new 3ds build, either.
Connectix VGS [NO] black screen
PSEmu/PSEmuPro [NO]
WiiSX/WiiSXR/WiiSXRX [NO (1)] Freezes on CD Spinning. Inaccessible Media Player Issue
1 - List of the Regions are all work, PROBABLY bootlegs work.
2 - same as emulators.

michele59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Destruction Derby [CRASH, Unless unsupported]
Crash Team Racing [CRASH, Unless unsupported]
fighting force 2 [CRASH, Unless unsupported]
Driver 2 [CRASH (Works on previous retroarch Mednafen Beetle PSX Core builds only, but is skeleton on the latest WiiSX builds)]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater [CRASH, Unless unsupported]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 [CRASH (Works on previous retroarch Mednafen Beetle PSX Core builds only, but is skeleton on the latest WiiSX builds)]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 [CRASH, Unless unsupported]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 [CRASH, Unless unsupported]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol. +1