Drivekey 1.0 firmware update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ruel, Mar 9, 2010.

Mar 9, 2010

Drivekey 1.0 firmware update? by ruel at 4:52 AM (2,999 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ruel
    OP

Newcomer ruel Member

Canada
    Does anybody know when the firmware upgrade will be released for the drivekey 1.0. I've been waiting months already. On the official website it says that they fixed the issue months ago. Can't they just upload the upgrade? If only I had waited an extra two months I could have got a drivekey 2.0 instead. [​IMG]

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Just softmod. Usually hackers fix games within hours, rather than the modchip teams who rake months to update their chips.

3. Rogue_Syst3m

Member Rogue_Syst3m GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i agree with tattar, i have a drivekey and also have been waiting for their so called "update" between that issue and compatibility, i just decided to soft mod and i have to say i couldnt be happier i just turned m chip off and have been using the soft mod ever since

4. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    They updated their older chip wiikey2.. I don't think drivekey will be updated... When it was announced it clearly said that it was not going to be a dvd update but a jtag update... and that jtag update was to require a new equipment to flash the chips as far as I remember.

So they ended up replacing the stocks of the wholesalers I guess... not even that equipment was released...

That alone shows how misleading information contained in these chips descriptions, see below an excerpt from the drivekey's features