Gaming Drive Key had, did the erase... invalid state?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now that the lite-on LT firmware is out, I finally got everything ready.

Did the lite-on Erase after it backed up the firmware, but it didn't return a valid state. Now, every time I start up the system with the drive turned on, regardless of whether the tray is ejected or not, it locks up.

I really hope there is a way to fix this, as I did back up the original firmware and keys and stuff.
ph34r.gif

**UPDATE**
Looks like I backed up the key, inquiry, serial, dummy, that JungleFlasher suggests, but I'm guessing not the original firmware (which I suppose is orig.bin, when it asks for it). But the download I have for the LT also apparently contains the stock firmwares (minus appropriate key) for the respective drives, too.

Also got to bum a USB-to-IDE/SATA adapter, and that seems to show up in JungleFlasher (when I uncheck VIA only and allow non-IDE ports), but its drive info is also bare, saying there's no drive connected when I plug in the Lite-on drive through that.

... I suppose the question is... am I screwed here? Or can this (please dear god) be fixed?

LittleJonny -Tea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as you have the drive key, then its easily fixed. The lite-ons are a bit tricky to show up in JF. If you are using via chipset, then open jungleflash and turn the drive on 1/2 - 2 seconds later from double clicking JF before JF has a chance to fully load. Try it a few times if needed.. eventually it works. If that does not work for you... then cut some traces and use the 15ohm resister trick for vendor mode, that works 100%.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LittleJonny -Team Symbiote said:
As long as you have the drive key, then its easily fixed. The lite-ons are a bit tricky to show up in JF. If you are using via chipset, then open jungleflash and turn the drive on 1/2 - 2 seconds later from double clicking JF before JF has a chance to fully load. Try it a few times if needed.. eventually it works. If that does not work for you... then cut some traces and use the 15ohm resister trick for vendor mode, that works 100%.
I do not have a soldering gun, though... nor the knowhow to use one.
ph34r.gif

I was also considering just returning the system and playing dumb (best buy replacement plan), but wouldn't the lite-on 9k series be even harder and require soldering too? Would make what I spent on the Maximus 360xtractor + spear seem like wasted money.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry you're not screwed by any means. Sounds like you didn't cycle the power off and back on when you erased it. I would boot windows with it turned off, turn it on, open jungle flasher and select the proper I/O port, and play with the intro/outro buttons until it recognizes the drive again. When you press outro cycle your power off and back on fast, as in within one second or so.

Pat yourself on the back for remembering to backup your firmware with all keys and such, not doing that really would have screwed you over.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, found a tut on ixtreme.net that handled just exactly this sort of thing. Strangely, the system wouldn't boot off of a bootable-made USB drive I was using. But the files were small enough for me to do them on Floppy disk.

With that, followed the steps... and it's up and running.
biggrin.gif

URL for those also afflicted: http://www.ixtreme.net/ixtreme-lite-touch-...rase-t2522.html

Just grateful the system I was using had a real floppy drive.
smile.gif

LittleJonny -Tea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the props to spend 25min working your issue out with you on msn, and suggesting that you use a floppy with dosflash rather than windows.

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol