Dreams man.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Devin, Dec 4, 2012.

Dec 4, 2012

Dreams man. by Devin at 7:23 PM (591 Views / 1 Likes) 17 replies

1. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    So I've been having these weird dreams lately... Are like any of these for rea...

I've had a few blog posts about my dreams. The Temper rockband dream, the cookie dream, and the fishing old mermaids dream. Well last night I have another one to add into the collection.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I watched The Hunger Games earlier so I suppose that has something to do with it. Since blogs are no longer here, I wanted to log this here. Anyone else have weird dreams?

THE NUMBERS MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?​

Alex221 likes this.
  2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I had a dream where the EoF had a thread which wasn't complete unfunny shit.

gamefan5, Ammako and XPro like this.
  3. Devin
    OP

United States
    Me too, and then I realized that this is General Off Topic.

soulx and Black-Ice like this.
  4. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I dream practically every night and i usually remember them the next day.

When you analyse your dreams they are always weird, but so real at the time.

Does anyone ever have a "normal" dream, as in when they awake they can say, "that dream made sense"...i doubt it.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Here I was hoping this was a proposal for a megaman boss.

Weird dreams... ever since learning about some of the more exotic areas of physics.

6. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    I see places I will visit in a months time or so, in my dreams.

7. Par39

Member Par39 The Life Hacker

Finland
    Weird dreams huh... I've been having a lot of those lately <-<

In one, I was super buff (you know Armstrong from FullMetal Alchemist? He had nothing on my muscles) mercenary guy, that was getting hired by a kitty cat... can't remember what the job was about <-< Anyway, he gets pissed off at me while making the contract, and I end up not getting a job order. What makes this even weirder is that I'm a girl, a quite girly one at that >->

Other, had this guy fighting the Ochu monster from Final Fantasy X. But he had no real weapons, so with Lulu helping him light them, he threw lit up cigars at the thing O__O

And then there's a few nightmares... this one has stuck in my memory for years, and made me scared of dark, quiet places <-< ...and probably the worst nightmare I've ever had >->
    I'm in a dark place, with staircases criss crossing everywhere. It's so quiet, that it hurts my ears, as if there's actually a loud noise. Nothing breaks it, I can't talk or scream, my footsteps make no sound. I start climbing the stairs I'm on, trying to find a way out... the more time passes, the "louder" the silence gets, the more it hurts, I cover my ears with my hands, trying to make the pain go away... it starts getting harder and harder to breathe, as if there's a hoop around my chest, and it's getting tighter. I start moving faster, eventually running, trying to get out... then there's flashes of a person wearing a huge cape, seen from behind so I don't see anything of the person themself, playing a huge organ... I eventually collapse on the stairs, unable to breathe anymore, and unbearable pain in my ears D:

8. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we need a blogs section.

9. Devin
    OP

United States
    Who keeps letting the little gremlins out of EoF? Stay back.

XPro likes this.
  10. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    Ha, I remember this dream back in my young days.

I was going to have a 9th birthday party I was so excited. Naturally, I dreamt about it.
    I was about to go kick that pinata's fury ass when, all of a sudden, it busts open and a whole shit load of DS games fall out.
    I got a whole lot of games and it would have taken YEARS to finish 'em all. Then I woke up... :glare:

11. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Alright, everybody, gather round. I got a dream to tell and I need an audience to tell it to.

So let me preface this by saying that I usually don't dream. I just don't. I place my head on the pillow, maybe grumble to myself about my roommate's snoring or the noises from the refrigerator and then I black out completely. Since I don't dream, I can only assume that I travel through time to the precise moment my alarm goes off, and this process rejuvenates me on a daily basis.

But anyway.

So, feeling rather tired this Friday afternoon, I decide to lie down on my bed and catch a few z's (as the cool kids call sleeping, if you didn't know). Well, I pass out alright, but this time, I dreamed a dream. Things were about to get strange.

(And heads up. You'll have to take my word for this. You may claim that I'm making all of this up, and while there's no way for me to disprove such an assertion, I assure you, I am not this creative.)

TL;DR: I tried dreaming once. It was awful. Also, buy Dutz.

Hyro-Sama and Vulpes Abnocto like this.
  12. Sly 3 4 me

Member Sly 3 4 me GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't have/remember dreams any more. The last time I had a dream was when I was around 8. Godzilla was on Gilligan's Island and there were crater's everywhere. It was in black and white too.

13. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Everyone dreams several times every night; there is no such thing as "not dreaming" (except when you're awake.)

XPro likes this.
  14. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I've had lots of weird dreams, lately. Here's today's episode:

Hyro-Sama and Gahars like this.
  15. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    No R rated dreams?

Y'all are no fun.

16. Sly 3 4 me

Member Sly 3 4 me GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's why it has the 'remember' with the slash indicating they are one in the same for me. If I don't remember them, then it's pretty much as if I didn't have them. Unless I was hooked up to some probes and someone was viewing my brain scan, then they'd be able to 'see' the activity I suppose.

17. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    That'd be really badass.
    Recording your dreams on DVD? Heck yeah that could be fun.

XPro likes this.
  18. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Sometimes I have dream series. One night I dream one thing and the next I dream something that ties in with the last one. Sometimes they make no sense, but I just know that they tie in together. Some of the scene in my novel are things I dreamed up in my sleep. The strip club and wild house party scenes are some of the more recent ones.

Ammako likes this.