Not open for further replies.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, what I'm asking is, will there ever be a chance for us to have Dreamcast on Wii. My guess is, that or the PSP would probably be the most powerful systems the Wii could emulate (GameCube not exactly being emulated) Media wise I guess we could use SD cards, Mini DVD (if you're a stickler for having one game per disc) or DVD 5's and 9's for multiple games on a disc. Honestly to me this would make my gaming life complete. I can already play all my favorite systems on this system except one and that's Dreamcast. Basically I'm pushing for something to get started. hey, a man can only try.

Dark_anth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah ill get right on that.
sleep.gif

i wish.......

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you played around with the N64 emulator? If thats any indicator of the Wii's potential for emulating newer systems i'd be willing to bet my first born child that we'd never see a "usable" DC or PSP emu on the Wii.

Igglyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samagon said:
Have you played around with the N64 emulator? If thats any indicator of the Wii's potential for emulating newer systems i'd be willing to bet my first born child that we'd never see a "usable" DC or PSP emu on the Wii.

That's because its not done....
Once its done we will have full sounds and 60fps.

D

Deleted User

Slimmmmmm said:
The N64 emulator made by Nintendo runs flawless on Wii & GC.
now if only someone from Nintendo got fired and posted it to get revenge...

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
A dreamcast emulator... on the Wii? We're talking about the console that's the armpit of consoles here, with only enough power to run Gamecube quality games.

No, you'll never see a dreamcast emulator for the Wii, and if you did, it would run tiny demos, never anything commercial. Ever.

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
The N64 emulator made by Nintendo runs flawless on Wii & GC.

That it does, but from what i hear it only runs a small number of injected roms (although i'm not 100% on this since i never looked into it too deeply). This does trouble me a bit since Nintendo should be the most competent when it comes to writing emulators of consoles they designed. I'm guessing that they tweak the game and the emulator setting for every game which could also explain why every VC wad comes with its own copy of the emulator.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Dreamcast ain't gonna happen though, not imho.

Buy one I got one at Game for £15 with 2 controllers and a few games, plus one of the vd mem card things (suppose that could be emulated as it is on xbox
tongue.gif
).

I'd love someone to prove me wrong, but there will never be a DC emu on Wii
frown.gif

(well not decent speed etc)

Igglyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
A dreamcast emulator... on the Wii? We're talking about the console that's the armpit of consoles here, with only enough power to run Gamecube quality games.

No, you'll never see a dreamcast emulator for the Wii, and if you did, it would run tiny demos, never anything commercial. Ever.

The armpit of all consoles?
Last time I checked its the best selling and the only one to be profitable from launch.
Just because its not as powerful as the others doesn't make it bad.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, he didn't refer to how "good" the system was, but actually how powerfull it is.. so in that case it is "bad"

Also.. why even ask about consoles that's a generation after the consoles that we/they currently have trubble emulating?..
Settle down and enjoy the systems Wii IS capable of emulating.. one day we might get almost flawless N64 & PS1 emulation.. but that's as far as we'll get.

D

Deleted User

Igglyboo said:
hankchill said:

Last time I checked its the best selling and the only one to be profitable from launch.

You obviously havent checked in a while, ps2 is the best selling console.
I also can't think of anything about a dreamcast.
Maybe because it was before my time, but i remember the Snes, and PS1 and N64 all great?

Igglyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
Igglyboo said:
hankchill said:

Maybe because it was before my time, but i remember the Snes, and PS1 and N64 all great?

I meant of this generation(sans handhelds).

D

Deleted User

Igglyboo said:
dnmn8e said:
Igglyboo said:
hankchill said:

I meant of this generation(sans handhelds).

No, dreamcast was in the same generation as ps2, xbox and gamecube, they all outsold it
It was a generation ahead of PS1, N64 and Saturn, and they also outsold it.

I think the dreamcast never even made it to Aus, because i've never seen one at any shops, I don't know anyone who owns one, and if i didn't have Wikipedia, then i wouldn't even know what it looks like

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, a DC emu IS possible on a Wii! There is a DC emu for the PSP! Only 6-7 fps proof of concept though. Think how more powerful the Wii is than the PSP. I'm not saying there will be any chance of full speed emulation though.

aaron91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only potential I could see for Dreamcast games on the Wii is maybe through some kind of highly modified back up launcher. Although honestly I would rather see the Saturn emulator be advanced more because that has gone virtually nowhere.

Raqib12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
Guys, a DC emu IS possible on a Wii! There is a DC emu for the PSP! Only 6-7 fps proof of concept though. Think how more powerful the Wii is than the PSP. I'm not saying there will be any chance of full speed emulation though.

The Wii's barely more powerful than the PSP.
Plus, the Homebrew community for the PSP is a lot more popular than the Wii's.

I'd say fix up the current emulated consoles on the Wii before moving onto anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool