Newcomer

2. Sahduk

Sahduk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just imagine playing shenmue on wii [​IMG]

3. LightyKD

OP LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    OK I just watched a few vids of the Dreamcast emu on PSP... THERES NO REASON IN HELL WE CANT GET A DC EMU ON WII!!! Even if its a slow one I would live to use my wavebird for a DC emulator [​IMG]

4. Maktub

Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Don't forget Saturn! [​IMG]

5. MrBubbles

MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The Wii isn't "barely" more powerful than the PSP. The PSP struggles with full N64 emulation while the Wii can pull it off no problem. The PSP is closer in power to the Dreamcast honestly, but never close to as the Wii. The PSP clocked is 333mhz, the Wii is actually around the original Xbox....720MHZ is the unofficial number going around.

How is this 'barely' more powerful than the PSP? That's like double. wtf @ petty Wii trolling.

6. ekolimits

ekolimits GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wait for boot mii and just watch all the possibilities!!! It will be the end of all these pointless topics! I warn you all!

7. Phratt

Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

The Wii sold more than the PS2 both were outsold by the DS.

8. aaron91

aaron91 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't think boot mii will magically give us a DC emulator.

9. killplaystation

killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dreamcasts are like $10...just buy one. The Dreamcast games/console also has NO protection. You can burn backups and homebrew right to a CD and run them.

10. Phratt

Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You clearly know nothing about hardware if you think the Wii is anywhere close to the PS2 and below. The Wii quater more powerful, than an xbox but way more complicated than all the last gen put together. Its a very complex system, and has the potential of pulling off near 1gen 360 graphics (as seen in the conduit), but its real value lies in the remotes. I mean do you know how smart something has to be to know where the remote is, which direction its specifically moving, how fast, the distance it from the sensor and the nunchuck, and so on? And don't get me started on the Balance board.

the PSP can barely do squat. Ignorant people only see graphics and base the tech off of the polygons of limited games, how about you read up first?

11. killplaystation

killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the graphics in conduit suck and barely compare to xbox1. The devs are kidding themselves.

12. Matt93

Matt93 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The Wii doesn't know where the remote is. It knows which direction it is moving and how fast it is moving because of its accelerometer. It knows how far away the wii remote is from the TV by measuring the distance between the IR leds on the sensor bar.

It really isn't that complicated and doesn't take much processing power.

13. Ragee1234

Ragee1234 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    well the wii is only barely faster then the original xbox...graphics wise it can barely compare with new gen system...lol...but then again art trumps all...metroid prime 3 RULES!!..lol...but yea back on topic..its possible but its hard cuz usually the system has to be at least 3 to 4 times more powerful then the system it tries to emulate..so there is barely a chance the wii can have a fully functional dc emu

14. JoeyGennaro

JoeyGennaro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's completely untrue - the Wii is MORE than capable of emulating the Dreamcast at 60 to 70% speed. However, I doubt anybody will take the time to bother making a decent emulator for it. I think what should be done before this is getting Gamecube backups to run first.

15. Ragee1234

Ragee1234 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i said it was possible..just it would be barely possible to get a fully functional emu thats all

16. LightyKD

OP LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Do we all agree that someone should at least give this one a try?

17. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
    Former Staff

United States
    Why would anyone want to play games that are like 70% (if thats even possible) the speed of the original?

Seriously just buy a second hand Dreamcast, failing that buy something that can emulate it at full speed.

18. kevenka

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How about emulating a PS1? You said after getting a DC, all of the best virtual consoles would be emulated... Have they already done that? [​IMG]

19. Joey R.

Joey R. Banned
    Banned

There's WiiSX. It works, but it's nowhere near perfection. If given more development, I'm sure it will be a great emulator able to run most games at decent speed.

20. kevenz

kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    All machines are 32bits my friend, there is no such machine as 64bits or 128bits yet.

the n64 was just two 32bits cpu.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Dreamcast,