Gaming Dreamcast Emulator

Pwnage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to get a Dreamcast emulator to work dled numerous ones but have no idea how to run my games on it, can some1 recommend one and how to run it was close with dreamemu but it said something about selecting all plugins.

Darksage098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say, I recommend NullDC. It works great for me and all you have to do is get the emulator, the bios and flash (which are called dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin) and just get your games in some way and play them. They have a readme included if you need better detailed help.

Edit: Grammar Fix

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I either used NullDC, Chankast, or a combination of both for different games. I was really just trying to see if I could show Shenmue and a couple other games to my boyfriend, but this was a year and a half ago and I'm sure things have been improved heartily since then.

My only serious trouble was getting my XBOX 360 controller mapped properly to use as a controller for the games. I had to use something called Xpadder for that, but once I had it set up, it worked great. Unfortunately, Shenmue still looked bad on a DX10 512MB dedicated Radeon. It ran at an excellent framerate but it just didn't look as good as I remembered.

edit:
Are you trying to use genuine Dreamcast GD-ROM games in a computer? I don't believe that will work. The only way to get Dreamcast backups onto a computer, at least back in the day, was to rig a Dreamcast up to a PC serial connection to dump the game using the Dreamcast as the reader itself. And serial transfers are very slow.. so if your problem is with the games themselves you will have to obtain backups of them through some other means.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
exangel said:
I either used NullDC, Chankast, or a combination of both for different games. I was really just trying to see if I could show Shenmue and a couple other games to my boyfriend, but this was a year and a half ago and I'm sure things have been improved heartily since then.

My only serious trouble was getting my XBOX 360 controller mapped properly to use as a controller for the games. I had to use something called Xpadder for that, but once I had it set up, it worked great. Unfortunately, Shenmue still looked bad on a DX10 512MB dedicated Radeon. It ran at an excellent framerate but it just didn't look as good as I remembered.

edit:
Are you trying to use genuine Dreamcast GD-ROM games in a computer? I don't believe that will work. The only way to get Dreamcast backups onto a computer, at least back in the day, was to rig a Dreamcast up to a PC serial connection to dump the game using the Dreamcast as the reader itself. And serial transfers are very slow.. so if your problem is with the games themselves you will have to obtain backups of them through some other means.
If you're lucky enough to have a Broadband Adapter, you can use that to rip games to your PC. Apparently its much faster than a serial connection.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't even get a BBA back in 2001/2002
frown.gif
Shame the DC went under so fast. I think for half a year the sole purpose of my landline was for Phantasy Star Online.

Pwnage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thanks ill just use the NullDC

EDIT: Do you have to use Daemon Tools for that because i dont have administrative rights and cant run that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM