Dreamcast Emulator Released for Android!!!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Working on my galaxy s3 tried power stone and shenmue both work at full speed with the odd graphical glitch

Reactions: cearp

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
NES, N64, GC, Wii, and I think Virtual Boy too.

nes yup we've got that and dolphin for GC and Wii

N64 is what I expect next on a note 3

EDIT: We've got that too lol

PlayStation 2 :D (...one can dream of playing Rumble roses on his OUYA!)

uhuh yes and tht would be difficult

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Seeing this post, I naturally tested Shenmue at once.
Game is running very smooth just as the DreamCast itself only many layers are missing from the picture.
It certainly is unplayable at this point but with little optimizations it could turn perfect.

Also, needs options for external controllers and better layout of embedded one.

EDIT: testing was done on Galaxy Note 3 (Qualcomm) running latest 4.3 Android JB.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dreamcast on android sweet, it makes that Ouya more desirable, now if someone can get a Saturn emulator running so I can have a shmupbox.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It's pretty much the only reason why tablets are so popular.
Cause of the emulators...

Neat thing to see tho!

A small minority of tablet users likely know what an emulator is, much less knows how to use one. That may be true for this little slice of a gaming community, but not in a global sense, but I digress. :)

This is awesome news! I have a TF101 tablet that's already being put to good use as a killer emulator (with my FC30 bluetooth controller, no less!), so I'm glad to see my processor just barely makes the cut. Looks like I'll need to make an upgrade if I want to play Gamecube games in the future.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
question aren't emulators banned on google play?

not until they get removed and an offbrand knock off 1.99 ripoff emulator gets to stay while the popular free original gets taken down. I'm looking at you N64oid. anyway. Once its downloaded...its going to be distributed everywhere and developments will most likely happen on his webpage with APK links if google gets a cactus up its ass = it gets too popular and gets a flag

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
not until they get removed and an offbrand knock off 1.99 ripoff emulator gets to stay while the popular free original gets taken down. I'm looking at you N64oid. anyway. Once its downloaded...its going to be distributed everywhere and developments will most likely happen on his webpage with APK links if google gets a cactus up its ass = it gets too popular and gets a flag

Err, no.

yongzh's stuff was taken down because he refused to comply with open-source licensing requirements. ZodTTD also had a similar issue, except he was issued a trademark infringement letter from...Sony I think, because of PSX4Droid's icon or something. There are still tons of "popular" emulators on the market that haven't been taking down, like SuperGNES which has like...10,000,000+ downloads, Snes9x which has 500,000+, or Paul Lamb's Mupen64 port.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, no.

yongzh's stuff was taken down because he refused to comply with open-source licensing requirements. ZodTTD also had a similar issue, except he was issued a trademark infringement letter from...Sony I think, because of PSX4Droid's icon or something. There are still tons of "popular" emulators on the market that haven't been taking down, like SuperGNES which has like...10,000,000+ downloads, Snes9x which has 500,000+, or Paul Lamb's Mupen64 port.
It does happen though, Lamb's mupen64 port was reported by someone that was charging for a clone, and the real one got taken off the market for a bit. But since he was doing everything right, he managed to talk to google about it. That's the only legitimate incident that I can remember, though.

I hate knockoff emulators. :L

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.