Gaming Dragon's Lair DS

calwy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,
Might be a post here about this somewhere but I can't find it!
Dragon's Lair was due to get the DS treatment and was looking pretty cool, there was even an article about it in Retro Gamer or GamesTM mag here in the UK, but it looks like there is no new news on it.
Worse still, the develper website http://www.wizardryengineering.com/ is now some shitty search engine...
Is this one a dead duck or what?
Cheers,
Paul

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too was really looking forward to this release on the DS. This is a link to the last news story I have read on the subject from about 7 months ago.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/01/03/dragons...near-on-the-ds/

I just contacted the tech team at Conspiracy Entertainment (the company behind this particular project) and requested an interview for the Temper Post. They said I should be able to speak to someone in the next few days about this and other projects they have on the table. You can be sure a lot of that interview will be about Dragon's Lair. I will let you know how it goes and what I find out.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ALL those "video" games.....Dragons Lair 1+2, Space Ace, Mad Dog 1+2, Space Pirates, Drug Wars 1+2....and a couple others I can't rem right now.

Pretty much the entire library found here in the standard DVD format for the PC:
http://www.digitalleisure.com/

None of the standard DVD versions are copy protected.......I have the originals of all but like two of them, so I should know.
wink.gif

I wonder how much space one of them would take up if all the vid files were converted to DPG. Of course, I don't have a clue how to string them together to make a playable game, but that's beside the point.

Dragon's Lair not showing up for the DS doesn't bother me in the least. I've played them ALL to death.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I used to love to watch good players play it in the arcade when I was growing up, but I never was any good at it. That said, it seems so archaic at this point, and I wasn't looking forward to the DS version. Basically total context-sensitive gameplay -- meh.

It won't surprise me if we learn that it's now vaporware. Probably for the best. Allow the game to go down in history with some semblance of respectability.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about that. Dragon's Lair was really way ahead of it's time. If the DS was around back then, it would probably be one of the most popular games in the world. The DS is the perfect platform for it. I think it would be a mistake not to produce it.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is with everyone bumping several month old topics. Maybe they are taking the path of duke nukem forever and this will be released in 10 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real