Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by natkoden, May 6, 2013.

1. natkoden
    OP

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    So, for a totally new player, is Dark Arisen really an improvement over the original Dragon's Dogma?

I hear that they added a Fast Travel option now, that the performance issues (lots of texture popping and horrible framerates at times) are now fixed and that there is a high res texture pack that fixes the washed out textures.

One is 20, the other is 40.

Is it worth it?

2. Fuzzeh

Fuzzeh Turtle Neck Sweater.

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2013
    United States
    Not Crazy Gadget
    It's honestly not suuuper worth it unless your a big fan of the first game if you've played the first and liked it then yes but if you haven't then I highly recommend playing it first.

3. natkoden
    OP

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    That's what I said. I haven't played the first one, so I'm asking, do I buy the first one that's 20 dollars or this one that have improvements and new content?

4. Fuzzeh

Fuzzeh Turtle Neck Sweater.

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2013
    United States
    Not Crazy Gadget
    First one.

5. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    if you like running around a lot buy dragons dogma, in order to fast travel in dragons dogma you have to complete the game once to unlock new game plus, after that is done you have to buy a portcrystal for 200k, if you buy dark arrisen you don't have to complete the game to unlock portcrystals, they still cost 200k but you get infinite ferrystones when you have a dragons dogma save file, both versions have their pros and cons dark arrisen doesn't offer any new achievements either its just a new area all dlc on disc and weapons, $40 is way too much for dark arrisen its around $25-$30 in the uk.​