Hacking Dragon's Crown PS3 (U) Save Editing / Items

Create a save patch with boosted equips for all 6 characters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok and the rest is just unlocking the file, adding the cheats to file, lock the file up again and copy back to the ps3 and jump for joy if it works correct?

You got it my friend, now hurry up and test and quit speculating.

Your theory is solid.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
meaning equipment with the boosted affixes

see attached trial #1

Can you upload your save file? We need to determine the 'signature of affixes'. I would reference the data in your save to the JP thread. The point of that is to get specific affixes and values. Total control.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you upload your save file? We need to determine the 'signature of affixes'. I would reference the data in your save to the JP thread. The point of that is to get specific affixes and values. Total control.

Looks like they got it here on the thread http://savedata.jp/save-editor/joyful.cgi?list=pickup&num=6061#6061

If you can help sift through it I can apply it on JAP version and upload USA save for you.

I believe believe the values for the weapons in bag 1 are at post 6148 and the earlier posts are the affixes. You may understand better than me.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just please say you can't use these saves online. I don't wanna ruin my game experience because of those jerks who use this when game is released in Europe.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done some more research into item affixes.

To start off, reference Ken's list of weapon affixes in the JP thread:
http://savedata.jp/save-editor/joyful.cgi?list=pickup&num=6061#6061
Ctrl+F to scroll to where he says "Cheers for good work it is", (post #6160). This post may be mostly if not entirely accurate.

I compared a weapon, my save, and the data list side-by-side. Then I jumped:
editing.jpg

Start by matching the red numbers. Next I will explain what you see.

Left side:
  • The usual crappy bow.
Middle:
  • Red circle - what is this?
  • Rectangle with border and light green/pink - example of affix 8-byte data structure. In light green is the index of a weapon ID.
  • The light pink may be the value. I don't know how 16% chance to freeze turns out as 42 9C in the red oval.
  • Light blue - 54-byte structure of an equip, (I might be wrong about where it starts and ends again)
Right:
  • Google-translated instructions from Ken. Notice how they match.
Next, I will need to learn how assign values to these affixes, then move onto armor, then move onto testing. I'm looking at the examples you guys provided so far.

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loc, they actually have done all that for you already. If you go up to msg No.6159 in the Jap link you shall see wonderland.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only things I didn't use was the attack and defense seeing as someone said in a earlier post those most likely do don't anything. I wonder though is their a cheat for item durability now that would come in handy.

I declare a test! This should determine to all of us if Weapon Attack is important or not.

Hypothesis:
Main stat for damage (ex. LUC for Elves), factors with Weapon Attack, factors with affix boosts, towards overall damage output.

Steps:
  1. Use a godly weapon and go kill. Remember your damage output.
  2. Get out and mod your weapon's Attack to 1~2 or something.
  3. Go back in game and kill again. What is your damage output now?
Then report back. If no one does this, then I will. Cheers!

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loc, they actually have done all that for you already. If you go up to msg No.6159 in the Jap link you shall see wonderland.

Nice find.
I guess I found a table for 'weapons'. I might have wasted a bit of air making that last post.
In #6159, this person was talking about boots... So they're affixes for armor? They look different from the ones above because the table looks smaller, includes defense-oriented affixes, and such.

Now I learned how to change armor affixes. But how to adjust the values? Once we know, we will start directly modding our equips, and not just stealing from the JP save. If that is successful, we can start building an app.

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in #6159 there are 2 parts, it extends to #6160, they the separated by weapon/ shield and accessories. Pls note some of the code are weapon specific, I haven't played all the charters and not looking up as I'm sure someone has this knowledge.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in #6159 there are 2 parts, it extends to #6160, they the separated by weapon/ shield and accessories. Pls note some of the code are weapon specific, I haven't played all the charters and not looking up as I'm sure someone has this knowledge.

You're right. I'll make sure to not overlook the stat restrictions in post #6159. Also, some stats can also be given to weapons and armor, like Damage Taken, and Damage Dealt.

Chernarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get home from work I will reinstall BSD and try everything over again. I'm not sure why it seems to be corrupting, haha :wtf:

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its corrupted then it means somehow the resign wasnt successful.
Use your own save the load up the code thats currently in BSD see if that works.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help finding the value of an affix. There's a hint on the JP thread I am still looking into it.

1000A648 00000021 ----highlighted is the attribute type/skill type for equipment 1
0021 = +X% DMG dealt --------------------\
0027 = ignore defense ---------------------} index of affix we want. In this case, we chose +X% DMG dealt. We already have a table of affixes from #6159 - 6160. Good.
0029 = % Stun value from attack --------/
1000A64C 000044C8 ----- how does this turn to 245% in game?

Once we solve this algorithm, all the work started since Saturday will be finished.

This phase:
  • Re-release a decent unofficial BLUS30767 save patch with as many nice codes as possible.
  • Announce the development of a Dragon's Crown Save Editor app.
  • Get ideas for the Dragon's Crown Save Editor app.
Next phase:
  • Get feedback and add/adjust the unofficial save patch as necessary.
  • Create and program the Dragon's Crown Save Editor with the basics, and add important feedback from last phase.
Future phase:
  • Release Dragon's Crown Save Editor alpha for internal testing. 'Internal' meaning my crew, so we don't get embarrassed when too many people see (my) mistakes.
  • Continue the Dragon's Crown Save Editor app and add DOZENS of features I wrote on a list.

Chernarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it again today, and the data was still corrupted. Is it because I'm using PS Plus?

Basically, here are the steps I followed:

1. Install BSD
2. Download the Cheat on this thread and place it in the Cheat folder.
3. Put a copy of my save file (the entire folder) into the Save folder. The save folder name is BLUS30767-AUTO_0-
4. Open the Dragon's Crown save on BSD, press F6 and follow through one time.
5. Decrypt the save.
6. Apply cheats (Money, skill points for 6 character slots, and the last cheat is required so 8 in total). It says 8 cheats were applied.
7. Encrypt the save.
8. Copy the updated save into the memory card, put it on the PS3 and play.

Unfortunately I've tried all I can, but I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly here :(.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it again today, and the data was still corrupted. Is it because I'm using PS Plus?

Basically, here are the steps I followed:

1. Install BSD
2. Download the Cheat on this thread and place it in the Cheat folder.
3. Put a copy of my save file (the entire folder) into the Save folder. The save folder name is BLUS30767-AUTO_0-
4. Open the Dragon's Crown save on BSD, press F6 and follow through one time.
5. Decrypt the save.
6. Apply cheats (Money, skill points for 6 character slots, and the last cheat is required so 8 in total). It says 8 cheats were applied.
7. Encrypt the save.
8. Copy the updated save into the memory card, put it on the PS3 and play.

Unfortunately I've tried all I can, but I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly here :(.

Do me this favor:

1. Copy your current save to USB
2. Delete it from PS3
3. Start a new game ON PS3 and save
4. Export save to USB using Save Data Utility (Idk how PS+ got in the picture)
5. Mod THAT save and let us know what happens

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone confirm that a decrypted SAVE0.DAT file, when opened with a hex editor, says DCSD the top in the text view? The point of this is to make sure users are using a decrypted Dragon's Crown save data file in the Editor. I want to make sure I'm not going nuts.

Chernarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do me this favor:

1. Copy your current save to USB
2. Delete it from PS3
3. Start a new game ON PS3 and save
4. Export save to USB using Save Data Utility (Idk how PS+ got in the picture)
5. Mod THAT save and let us know what happens

I just did as you suggested, and it worked properly. I guess I will keep the current save file and just put the old save file in my backups in case I want to go back someday.

I don't know why the other save had problems? This is very strange.

But thanks! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)