Hacking Dragon's Crown PS3 (U) Save Editing / Items

Create a save patch with boosted equips for all 6 characters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm..... :S

As for some additional details, this is a save I uploaded from a Vita (using the save file transfer), and I'm currently using a DLC narrator... not sure if that will mess with anything. The save folder looks like "BLUS30767-AUTO_0-" instead of the BLUS30767 that I usually would expect. And I guess I'll include the decrypted file here just in case you can find any peculiarities with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l50el5w76627mm2

This tool only decrypts PS3 saves.

1. You have to upload to server
2. Download on PS3
3. Copy to USB from PS3
4. Mod
5. Copy back to PS3
6. Test saves on PS3
7. Upload to server
8. Download on Vita

This is how I do things

Chernarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I worded that incorrectly; I had uploaded the Vita save to the server and downloaded it as a PS3 save (so I was using a PS3 save). I was just wondering if the fact that it used to be a Vita save had anything to do with it :/.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey LocSP, im slightly ahead of you. I was able to test some of the codes from the Japanese link beofre i found this thread.
Apparently the 255 damage & defence doesn't do much in this game, its mostly the affixes that affects the real value.
I haven't figured out how to add the additional affixes on equipments, so i still havd to find eqip with more affixes on them. E.g. eqip with 3 affixes, if you enter code for 4th affix it still only shows 3 in game.

With all that said i'll update some screen later when i get home.
So far i can cnfm these works, 245% added damage, -107% damage reduction, immune to all element DoT, 450% ignore defence (i think), +111 to stats (CON, STR, etc) and few other.
But its rather time consuming when u can only edit equpment 1 & 2. If u can figure the location for the 3rd -5th equip that be awesome.

Cheers!

Can you share some addresses? I'm guessing it's for the JAP version?

Drop off those codes or your patch when you get a chance. Thanks broseph.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I worded that incorrectly; I had uploaded the Vita save to the server and downloaded it as a PS3 save (so I was using a PS3 save). I was just wondering if the fact that it used to be a Vita save had anything to do with it :/.

Oh! Nah bro, I do it all the time.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Godly equips. What I'm aiming for is:
  • Equips won't break, for a long while anyway. That's done.
  • Reduced incoming damage to 0 or close.
  • Max damage close to maximum data size - you see NINES when you hit an enemy. In short: OHKO
  • Max Petrification, Stun, Freeze, Knockback, Down - stop enemies cannot so they cannot retaliate.
Optional neat things
  • Increased movement speed and such.
  • Some way to proactively heal - 'Chance to drop coins on hit' affix combined with 'Wealth is Health' common skill can do this, for example. There may be more ways. This will be your last weakness, removed.
Help is needed from:
  • Expert hackers.
  • Owners of CFW and memory editors for their PS3.
  • Anyone who can scout for research
To sum up all this:
You do almost nothing and WIN. Everything is neat and easy as memory editing (ex. Cheat Engine), running an editor (Ni No Kuni inventory editor for example), and such.
Of course, editing saves won't be close to memory editing. That will solve everything!
Thanks for helping. I'm certainly not the best here. There are real pros overlooking this thread as we speak. I have a noob confession: I'm on OFW :cry:

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

As for some additional details, this is a save I uploaded from a Vita (using the save file transfer), and I'm currently using a DLC narrator... not sure if that will mess with anything. The save folder looks like "BLUS30767-AUTO_0-" instead of the BLUS30767 that I usually would expect. And I guess I'll include the decrypted file here just in case you can find any peculiarities with it.

VITA?? Now I have some doubts in your case, but I'm curious nevertheless. I'll take a look.

Edit: if Gootah says there's no compatibility issue, then you might be in luck.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have CFW and of course BSD. I work in technology but I'm no programmer/"hacker"

I tried to compare a base save and a save where I leveled up in a hex editor with no real results.

If you instruct me I can work, but I'm no superman when it comes to this kind of stuff. Let me know if you need anything.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VITA?? Now I have some doubts in your case, but I'm curious nevertheless. I'll take a look.

Edit: if Gootah says there's no compatibility issue, then you might be in luck.

I can say there's not issue, but my FIRST save was created on PS3. That shouldn't effect the situation though.

Vita.jpg

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have CFW and of course BSD. I work in technology but I'm no programmer/"hacker"

I tried to compare a base save and a save where I leveled up in a hex editor with no real results.

If you instruct me I can work, but I'm no superman when it comes to this kind of stuff. Let me know if you need anything.

:evil: You will make godly equips. Refer to #25. I'm pushing for an editing App. But I will never make progress if I can't focus on one thing.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:evil: You will make godly equips. Refer to #25. I'm pushing for an editing App. But I will never make progress if I can't focus on one thing.

Cool just let me know exactly what my role is.

Remember, I also own the JAP version of this game. If I upload a save from the JAP version of the game I CAN, I repeat, CAN download it on the USA version. The save converts itself.

If we can get the Godly equip codes from the JAP thread I can apply them to my save and upload a USA save with the stats intact. Would that not lead you to the proper addresses?

Let me know if my logic is off.

Chernarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate it! In the meantime, I guess I'll consider reinstalling BSD as well. This save did originally begin as a vita save (ported over to ps3) so hopefully that won't make it un-editable.

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meaning equipment with the boosted affixes

see attached trial #1

When you say "Godly equips" do you just mean awesome items with many affixes or do you mean equipment with the boosted affixes from the JAP thread?

I want to help as much as I can.

Oh yea! Codes work beyond character 3. All 6 of my characters are 255ed DOWN

photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 279
Reactions: LocSP

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you haven't solved this yet... I looked into your save and I had some red lights. But I need answers to confirm things:
  1. Are you using Data 1?
  2. Do you have a character named Dosh? Was he the first created? Another is Xela, then...? The addresses to your characters seem correct and consistent
  3. You had 87677 money in Data 1 when you uploaded? If not, there's a problem.
  4. Dosh has no skill points to spend? Xela has 2 unspent skill points? If not correct, there's a problem.
Overall, your game is clear for just max money and skill points. Unless 2. and 3. are problematic, you might have an incompatible save.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You also would said cheats be in this topic in the zip file and if so how would I use/apply said file? Also does it matter if my game in US zoned?

If you're talking Dragon's Crown the patch file is in the first post.

When you install the Bruteforce app it will pull cheats from a repository. Copy and paste the file in the 1st post into the folder, overwrite the existing file if necessary.

Any other supported game is in the repository, not to say that ALL games are there.

Chernarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't solved this yet... I looked into your save and I had some red lights. But I need answers to confirm things:
  1. Are you using Data 1?
  2. Do you have a character named Dosh? Was he the first created? Another is Xela, then...? The addresses to your characters seem correct and consistent
  3. You had 87677 money in Data 1 when you uploaded? If not, there's a problem.
  4. Dosh has no skill points to spend? Xela has 2 unspent skill points? If not correct, there's a problem.
Overall, your game is clear for just max money and skill points. Unless 2. and 3. are problematic, you might have an incompatible save.
1. Yes I am using Data 1
2. Yes, I remember making Dosh first.
3. Yes, I don't remember the exact amount but that seems right.
4. Yes, that should be correct.

I guess the numbers are all correct, so maybe something was wrong on my end when I tried. Maybe I should reinstall BruteForce?

Thank you for looking into this by the way!

ShadowNinja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking Dragon's Crown the patch file is in the first post.

When you install the Bruteforce app it will pull cheats from a repository. Copy and paste the file in the 1st post into the folder, overwrite the existing file if necessary.

Any other supported game is in the repository, not to say that ALL games are there.

Ah ok and the rest is just unlocking the file, adding the cheats to file, lock the file up again and copy back to the ps3 and jump for joy if it works correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol