Dragon Quest?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Exershio, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Exershio
    OP

Exershio Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2009
    United States
    I've been hearing a lot about Dragon Quest on these forums lately, and I think I'll give it a try. I just have a couple questions:

1) I've never played any Dragon Quest games, do I need to in order to understand the storyline? Or can I just pick one and jump right in.
    2) Which one would be a good choice to start with (Nintendo DS)

2. GameSoul

GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

Mar 21, 2008
    United States
    Illinois
    DQV is my personal favorite. It doesn't require the need of another storyline.

3. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 28, 2008
    Senegal
    Your Mum
    There's no storyline to understand, DQ IV and DQ V have completely different stories from each other and other DQs (like FF).

I personally think DQ V: HotHB is great and definitely worth a try.

4. Exershio
    OP

Exershio Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2009
    United States
    Alright, that's great. Thanks for the fast replies. [​IMG]

5. Shadz

Shadz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2008
    Down Under in Australia
    Great game, no previous experience needed. If you like it try DQM:Joker (NDS), Dragon Warrior Monsters (for gbc) and Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 (Coby/tara's adventure) (GBC). The two GBC ones are what started the series for me. I was and still am addicted to DWM and still play it now (today). Try them as well if you use a flashcard and lameboy.

6. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    same here, dragon warrior monster 2 was the first one that introduced me to the series and later on, dragon warrior 2 for gba [​IMG]