Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anyine bought this game yet ?

the name sounds like "buy me" but the screenshots are very small and the description sucks so yeah is this any good oe better what is it anyways ?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi have it from my dsi (now on 3ds) but some what fun, it does have wifi play and it good for quick play at least that what i think.

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's been out for a while here in Japan, and it's just turn-based combat with DQ monsters. Not too much beyond that; you won't be getting an RPG with a story or anything, just fighting. It's really fun if you got other people to play against, but it's not much of a single-player game.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
not a good buy. DSIware not 3ds ware... so could see them doing a ap like they did with the pokedex but with actual battles... they already have everything ready to go 3d wise they just have to make it.

"battle your dragon quest monsters using your surroundings as the battlefield. Capture new and exciting monsters from around you...."

so you could catch a phoenix from a flame, a dragon from some change, etc.... different coloured backgrounds cause different effects...
Even better ARcards to add to your collection.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikkuchan said:
It's been out for a while here in Japan, and it's just turn-based combat with DQ monsters. Not too much beyond that; you won't be getting an RPG with a story or anything, just fighting. It's really fun if you got other people to play against, but it's not much of a single-player game.
Does it at least have online play? I've been considering picking this up when I get a 3DS in the fall, but if it's offline-only, none of my friends who play DQ games have a DSi or 3DS...

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ill do this one,

I had this one on my DSi. I sold my DSi so yeah.

Dragon Quest wars is like Fire Emblem. You need to drag your slimes etc. and give them commands so they do those at the end of your turn.

Example:

Slime one to there, use attack command
Slime two over there, attack that monster

It is like Fire Emblem but Fire Emblem has more strategy, and is more fun.

it's like Fire Emblem with battle's turned off.

Visuals: look okay: 8/10
Sounds: Irritating: 5/10
Bang for you buck: Some tutorials and an online multiplayer mode and you can fight against computers: 8/10
Difficulty: It's kinda hard sometimes(the tutorial): 7/10
Controls: They fail, you need to drag everything. >.< 7/10

Final score: 35/50=70/100

7/10 its a game thats okay. Only buy it if you like strategy!

Now thinking of it, I may re-buy this!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
Dragon Quest wars is like Fire Emblem. You need to drag your slimes etc. and give them commands so they do those at the end of your turn.

Not surprising, considering it was developed by Intelligent Systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool