Dragon Quest VI DS (clean) trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Oct 9, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Apparently this trailer is the same one from Tokyo Game Show a couple of weeks ago, but now there's a direct feed version. That means high quality without shaky cam syndrome. Enjoy the trailer, it looks like they've improved the engine even more since DQ 4 and 5!

So yeah, really lovely game that does justice to the SNES original if you ask me! Not sure when this is coming, maybe late this year or early next year. No date yet, keep in tune though.

2. ZeroEXE93

ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    New York City
    I've never played this one but it looks good. Hopefully it'll be as good as DQV.

3. blackdragonbaham

blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    hyper dystopian dimension
    nice one:. are they now going to adapt the coplete dragon quest serials for the ds or whats the matter?
    but the previous versions were good, looks like with dragon quest 6 they are going to abonden the feature that the own fighters show up in battle. what a pity, was a great feature :-/

4. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    Looks great.

Maybe the fighters are on the Touchscreen, like in Ash, Ninokuni and some other RPGs [​IMG]

5. Noitora

Noitora ::

Aug 9, 2007
    Greece
    Athens
    What the heck was that battle at 1:12? [​IMG]
    Anyway, the engine doesn't seem to be improved at all, there are some new effects for spells but that's all. [​IMG]
    I wonder if there'll be any extras [​IMG]

6. Maverick_z

Maverick_z When did i join again??

Nov 25, 2002
    Canada
    wow. just awesome. can't wait

7. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    @Noitora-

I thought some of the battle scenery was improved. The 3D camera looked like it panned around the place more than it did in previous games.

8. geminisama

geminisama Metsu

Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Quite sexy, imo. Tempted me to go play my translated DQ6 rom, but then I'd spoil the remake for myself.

9. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Oh. My. God!!!

I love the 3D battle system, that is freaking awesome. They already played spolierz though by showing Mudo (or Mudou in Dragon Warrior Monsters) at the beginning of the video, he is a major boss of the game, though Deathamoor is the final boss. Apparently Terry and Milayou from Dragon Warrior Monsters are optional characters in this game so it's cool that they make an appearance. Can't wait to play this game finally, I still need to finish DQ5

10. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    oO, this new DQ looks pretty sexy, and darn, i still can't get sick of that classic DQ tune [​IMG]

11. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    +1

*Eagerly waiting for this*

12. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    i am looking forward to playing all snes DQs on the DS and i bet they will release all of em