Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, Wolvenreign here again.

So, I have yet another problem with the R4-III cheats.

The problem is that, even though most of the cheats show up inside the R4-III menu (using cheat.dat(UE)/usrcheat.dat from cheats.gbatemp.net, tried both seperately and together), the cheats for Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (U) do not show up.

I have tried renaming the file, renaming the cheat title, and then renaming both the file AND the cheat file to just "D".

I have applied Yasu's custom R4 cheat engine patch.

Nothing works. Of course, just like last time, I AM using the newest Narin database. The codes will not show up within the R4-III menu, or should I say, it doesn't give me the option to look at them with the Y button, which means they are not active.

Something's not lining up here, but what?

P.S. Please, please help me this time. It was such a pain last time when only like, one person would respond twice and then give up. Geez, TROLLS get helped more than I do. =P

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got YSMenu working...hmm.

YSMenu itself loads (no skin, I can fix that) but it won't load Dragon Quest V. Gonna try a few things, but I might need some help.

First, I'm gonna try renaming the cheat title and the game to their original names, I don't need help with that.

What I do need help with, though, is where I can find the latest R4-III Upgrade firmware, which is actually pretty excellent, as they continue to update.

I know at some point I found a site that listed all the Flashcarts and the sites that held their latest firmwares...can't seem to find it with google, though.

Anybody got an idea where it is?

Edit: Hmm...YSMenu won't load any games. It mentions an error about "NO_BOOT_LOADER" and then won't load the game. Above that, it says "r4patch.dat" for most games, and, oddly enough, "r4dldi.dat" for JUST Dragon Quest V: The Hand of Heavenly Bride. More as I look into this.

2nd Edit: Interesting. It seems that DLDI patching is something required for homebrew, which means YSMenu considers Dragon Quest V: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride homebrew.

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so here's what my research has brought me.

1. The R4-III from http://www.r4-dsl.net/, which is mine, has a different loader from the rest that causes YSMenu, when installed as a bootable NDS file, that causes YSMenu to be unable to load it's TTMenu files necessary for booting a game, recognizing cheat codes, or finding its skins.

2. This may be solvable, but I may need some help. It seems that one possibility is that it may work if I do not encrypt DS_MENU_.dat. I've been using R4YSAuto, which seems as though it automatically encrypts the file. Either I go through the YSMenu process automatically, skipping that step, or I ask Maikel if he'll include an option in his batch file to not encrypt DS_MENU_.dat, which will help everyone with what I will refer to from now on as a R4DSL (which is different from the other R4-III).

I'm going to go to Maikel's thread right now, to see if anyone will respond.

Edit: Fixed. Apparently, R4-III doesn't like such long names as Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride. So instead, I named the cheat game name to DQV and did the same for the game name. It works now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!