ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX - Save Editor

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOW DO YOU USE THIS
What the f-
It's impossibly straightforward. If you can't tell what each tab stands for in the editor, then...
Cant-tell-if-troll-or-just-stupid.jpg

adsvampire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I figured out to take a save game from the AR DSi, convert it to a .sav and upload it into the provided save editor.
and i only changed my character's appearances (because really i'm tired of having the same hairstyle and I've completed everything else without AR codes. 700hrs spent in that damn thing. :P )
convert the file back to .duc, load it back into my AR DSi
i turn 'em on and upload save file, load game, and.... it asks me to start a new game.
it'll load my original save file but it won't load the modified one.
what am i doing wrong?

adsvampire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? Anyone at all?
I backed up the data from my DQ IX cartridge onto an SD card which i then plugged into the SD adapter into my computer.
1. Used shunyweb to change it from .duc to .sav
2. modified my appearances how i wanted to with the downloaded "DQix save editor"
3a. used shunyweb to change back to .duc (which resulted in 257kb instead of 64.1)
3b. also used a save converter (which resulted in a 64.1kb, hey it matches my main save. yay!)
4. uploaded both versions into the SD card, plugged it back into my AR DSi
5a. the one (shuny) says the file's too big and can't load.
5b. the other says to start a new adventure log.

i looked up the information on google to see if i could get a faster response that way and the closest thing i could find was that one said to make sure to change the shuny kb to match the original one. well how do you do that?

I'm not stupid, I'm actually pretty smart, however this is the first time I've ever tried to use a program like this and therefore I'm a little technology impaired.
I've figured out the first part on my own. I just can't figure out the last part. So I'm turning to this thread for a wee bit o help since google isn't helping and neither is youtube and it's vast amount of "how to" videos :L

So if anyone can answer this for me, that would be greatly appreciated
and if a lurker knows how to answer this question well you can always email me too, as I really want an answer to this,
short of having to start over on a new cartridge, play through 700hrs and be no where close to where I was to begin with - _ -
email: [email protected]

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine with the recent news of the online shutting down, this might be pretty handy for the future. I only just recently started playing this game so will I be able to unlock everything that will no longer be available once the support shuts down?

I ran the program and loaded my save, is there a good primer for how to work this editor? Some of it seems straight forward, other parts like the DLC/Wifi stuff is a bit harder to figure out.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!