Country
thumb_vjump_dqix_3.jpg

"- Traveling Performer class has a Technique called “Breathe Fire“
- perform gestures by pressing the B button + directional pad
- you may be able to learn more than 5 gestures
- view city maps on the top screen
- talk to townfolk to obtain quests
- possible quests: run an errand, get an item, fight off monsters
- specific quest: A character named Dulio asks you to steal an item from a Metal Hunter. If you succeed, you can join ‘Dulio’s Thieves’ Guild’. Access your quest log to see where the Metal Hunter is
- first quest: Maron asks you to retrieve a (Spotted) Spider’s web.
- another quest: Irohon asks you for “Magic Fairy Water”. If obtained, he gives you a delivery quest
- strange quest: A character is told that he looks like a Tensk (a monster from DQVI). This hurts his feelings, and he requests that you go out and kill 10 Tensks
- Tows: Beksaria Village, Wolro Village, Katekota, Sanmaro and more"

Source

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest and Quests? If I wasn't a sucker before, I surely am now
biggrin.gif
I need to get around to playing this when it comes out (too bad Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker doesn't work on the SuperCard any longer...).

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Introduction

Before I get to the NEW STUFF, I’ll talk very briefly about the old stuff.

A lot of the information in this article is just repeats of stuff from the Shonen Jump article that I posted about earlier. I won’t go into detail again, but I’ll make a brief list.

1. Laviel and multiplayer
2. Six monsters (Zucchinya, Argon Devil, etc)
3. Ability to split up in multiplayer games
4. Calling your allies to battles in multiplayer mode
5. Travelling performer class
6. Viewing multiplayer friend info
7. Gestures

Nevertheless, there are a few new tidbits thrown in there:

1. Traveling Performer class has a Technique called “Breathe Fire“
2. Gestures are done by pressing the B button + directional pad. There does seem to be space for more than four Gestures, so they may get more complicated.
3. You can view city maps in the top screen like DQV. Probably with the Y button

Now onto the new stuff.

vjump_dqix_6.jpg

Quests

Dragon Quest IX will have a Quest system. You will talk to various people in towns and sometimes they will ask for help, hence the Quest.

You get to choose whether you want to accept Quests or not. Quests are generally not connected with the main story, but they can be fun. There are many different types of Quests. Some common ones include:

1. Go on an errand for me.
2. Get an item
3. Eliminate a monster or group of monsters

They include some sample quests. Check the 5th scan.

Thieves’ Guild?

One such quest has a guy named Dulio asking you to steal an item from a Metal Hunter. If you steal it and bring it back to him, he will let you join “Dulio’s Thieves’ Guild”. The Quest log tells you that you can find the Metal Hunter in a cave to the north. Then it shows a picture of a Thief character using the Steal Technique in a battle with a Metal Hunter.

Simple Quests

Not all quests are complicated. Some Quests are more simple.

The first quest (they are numbered) has a girl named Maron asking you to retrieve a (Spotted) Spider’s web.

Another Quest has an old man named Irohon asking you to get some “Magic Fairy Water”. If you bring him some, he gives you a new quest, asking you to bring him a history book from the castle.

Strange Quests

Some quests are funny. In one town there is a man named Tatsu. Somebody told him that he looks like a Tensk (a monster from DQVI). This hurt his feelings and now he wants you to go outside and kill 10 Tensks to make him feel better (literally “heal his heart”).

Town Names

I’ve caught some town names by reading textboxes. We already knew about Sentstein, but we also have Beksaria Village, Wolro Village, Katekota (bridge? cooper?) and Sanmaro.

Conclusion

That’s it for this article. Most of it was stuff we already knew, but there were a couple new things. To keep up-to-date on the latest Dragon Quest IX news, subscribe to my RSS feed.

Dragon Quest IX will be released in Japan on March 28, 2009. It will cost 5980 yen.

More scans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.