Dragon Quest games on SNEmulDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Rod, Feb 14, 2009.

Feb 14, 2009

Dragon Quest games on SNEmulDS by Rod at 11:54 PM (1,433 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Rod
    OP

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Besides waiting for DQ5 to be released, I've also been looking to finish the other DQ games I never played to the end. Thru both emulation and own software, all of the DQ games from 1 to 6 can be played on a DS.

DQ games on the SNES:
    I+II remake - doesn't work according to the compatibility list, but that from the version 0.4b
    III remake - no info found
    V - works
    VI - no info found

Anyone has tested some of those games and can say how good these games work on SNEmulDS 0.6? I guess V and VI are irrelevant, since both are coming to the DS, but I'm looking to play 2, and the translation of 3 is just a few weeks away.
    Anyone knows?

2. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    I+II - you can play the GBC version which works perfectly
    III - same as above

I can't help you with SNEmelDS stuff, but if they don't work on it you have the GBC versions to fall back onto.

3. Rod
    OP

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Yeah, but I knew about the GBC versions and all that (in fact I've played hours and hours of DQ3 in Lameboy) but I was really looking forward to playing the Snes versions of these games this time around. The news of a DQ3r translation coming soon got me pumped up quite a lot... =/

Still, thanks for helping!

4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    To tell the truth, I couldn't get any of these games working decently except DQ5. And its being released on the DS within the next few days. I think it's far superior to the original.

Unfortunately, you may have to settle with the GBC games. They're quite good remakes anyways, so use them. Sorry.

5. Mr.Mister

Member Mr.Mister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That'd be cool to play DQIII, IV, and V all in one day...