Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there, this is a save file I created using codes to have every released DLC item. There are two files, 'Hero' and 'Eight'. Hero is my own file from launch, where I collected *some* of the DLC items. This save file has never been touched by NTR codes, but it doesn't have every item.

Eight is the main file, this save file was made with an 'All items' and 'Toss all key items' code. It gave the file 99 of every item, including key items. I then sold all key items (having the toss code enabled) and all other items, except 1 of each DLC item. The end result is a minimal amount of money, the starting amount, no extra items (except DLC) and as close as I could to keeping it in tact as it was before.

I haven't tested beyond the first town, so I'm not sure if prematurely having certain key items in the inventory may have messed up some flags. Ultimately, this save file is untested and once I've gotten around to progressing in the game to test I'll update this bit.

If you don't like the names being super boring and default, I have a solution to that problem too! Open honeySave.bin in any hex editor and scroll down until you see "H.e.r.o." or "E.i.g.h.t.". This is the name for slot 1 and slot 2 respectively. If you edit these letters in the hex editor, you can change the name of the hero! Keep the same syntax (So E.i.g.h.t" becomes "G.u.v", note the dots in between letters) and be sure to stick to a maximum of 8 characters and you'll be good to go!

I hope this can help anyone wanting to jump into this game, but disappointed SquareEnix dropped distribution support for it so quickly. Maybe one day we can put together a solution for DQ7's tablets too.

I hope making a thread about this doesn't infringe on any rules, I just wanted to make some awareness for this as some people may be interested and I didn't want this thread to be swept under the mass uploads to the download center.

Thanks

https://gbatemp.net/download/dragon-quest-8-dlc-items-starter-save.35113/

Dakhil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the save file.

I apologise if I sound dumb, but I was wondering if you can export the .bin save file to the .cia file or the Dragon Quest VIII cartridge. And if so, I was wondering how you can do so.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you very much for the save file.

I apologise if I sound dumb, but I was wondering if you can export the .bin save file to the .cia file or the Dragon Quest VIII cartridge. And if so, I was wondering how you can do so.
That’s alright

You’re gonna want to use a save file management tool like JK’s Save Manager or Checkpoint. For instructions of how to use these, check out their relevant threads.

This file is compatible with both cartridge and CIA DQ8, by the way

TheRealVT97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for the save file, could you also share the "Toss All Key Items Code" please? I'd need it for some items

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2