Dragon Ball Super Episode 109-110

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoughts? Personally it was incredible and they even did an orchestrated(?) Version of Limit Breaker x Survivor. The animation was incredible and it had me on the edge of my seat the whole ride.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Amazing episode, only too bad that goku didn't win, i almost had lost my hope when spirit bomb was gone etc, but then for a second chance if only he would win it would solve a lot.

I heard rumors that Vegeta/or Gohan are going to go into ''ultra'' stage and defeat Jiren though, i do hope so, cause if universe goku is deleted then the anime can just end... And it would end ugly if that happens.

SANIC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing episode, only too bad that goku didn't win, i almost had lost my hope when spirit bomb was gone etc, but then for a second chance if only he would win it would solve a lot.

I heard rumors that Vegeta/or Gohan are going to go into ''ultra'' stage and defeat Jiren though, i do hope so, cause if universe goku is deleted then the anime can just end... And it would end ugly if that happens.
They definitely aren't. Goku will just be back and master it before the end of the tournament

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing episode
only too bad that goku didn't win, i almost had lost my hope when spirit bomb was gone etc, but then for a second chance if only he would win it would solve a lot.

I heard rumors that Vegeta/or Gohan are going to go into ''ultra'' stage and defeat Jiren though, i do hope so, cause if universe goku is deleted then the anime can just end... And it would end ugly if that happens

not cool, FTFY

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But goku said he didn't have any energy left, without senzu beans there is not much hope for him to get back full power(unless Frieza is the key of what happened the times of Namek when frieza defeated goku but then revived with more power on namek)

Though there is also the secret of Gohan that needs to be unlocked too(maybe if someone dies like piccolo for accident he powers up, little chance since nobody kills someone cause of the rules, and returning to frieza with this rule then maybe frieza will help goku i do hope that)

Last edited by sliver123,

SANIC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But goku said he didn't have any energy left, without senzu beans there is not much hope for him to get back full power(unless Frieza is the key of what happened the times of Namek when frieza defeated goku but then revived with more power on namek)

Though there is also the secret of Gohan that needs to be unlocked too(maybe if someone dies like piccolo for accident he powers up, little chance since nobody kills someone cause of the rules, and returning to frieza with this rule then maybe frieza will help goku i do hope that)
Freeza still owes Goku the energy from back on Name and Gohan won't get any new transformations, hes only fighting because he needs to not because he wants to. He just wants to save his family and that's all.

Reactions: Rizzorules

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked that the new transformation wasn't a big stupid flashy thing and was quite simple looking. The fight was bad ass. Never been so hyped for an anime before.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
They finally made power transformations cool again after almost 30 years, about damn time! The episodes were great, too bad for the outcome, but speculating...
Hit attacks Jiren with the excuse of "working" in order to buy time for Goku to regain his power since he's the only one who can actually beat Jiren. In the meantime Frieza is giving Goku some of his energy like Goku gave him some back in Namek and will probably result in Goku being able to resume fighting Jiren. Frieza does that not because he doesn't want to lose, but to get a better look at "Ultra Instinct" in case he's able to use it too to surpass everyone. Finally, Goku will win against Jiren most likely after mastering the new ability (we are still only half-time into the tournament) and end up wishing for all the strong people that Zen-Oh erased to be brought back (because that's how it's always been if you look at it like with Majin Boo).

One important note is that the anime is made on the spot, it doesn't follow the manga, it's the manga that follows the anime, so no one knows what's gonna happen, things like rumors don't exist, just speculations and some are very stupidly off considering how the series has been up to now...

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the use of a ton of still frames in the first half of the episode, good shading and lighting, and reusing frames, it looks like Dragon Ball Super actually had a pretty well animated fight for once. The transformation itself is much better looking than the generic Blue, and was actually kinda cool.

Goku likely instant transmission'd to someone with energy to utilize. If it's Frieza, that's a great callback to the Namek fight. If it's Gohan and Piccolo, that would make sense too.

Though this still doesn't hit the highs that DBZ did imo, this was the first episode I was actually invested in while watching.

I hope to see more good episodes like this, and it seems like Gohan/Piccolo/Vegeta may still yet have some interesting scenes themselves. I will legitimately be angry if they pull another "Piccolo takes the bullet for Gohan so Gohan gets a super power increase. Because as much as I am a fan of Gohan, the latest DBS movie seriously fumbled that trope, and really made a mess of it.

SANIC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the use of a ton of still frames in the first half of the episode, good shading and lighting, and reusing frames, it looks like Dragon Ball Super actually had a pretty well animated fight for once. The transformation itself is much better looking than the generic Blue, and was actually kinda cool.

Goku likely instant transmission'd to someone with energy to utilize. If it's Frieza, that's a great callback to the Namek fight. If it's Gohan and Piccolo, that would make sense too.

Though this still doesn't hit the highs that DBZ did imo, this was the first episode I was actually invested in while watching.

I hope to see more good episodes like this, and it seems like Gohan/Piccolo/Vegeta may still yet have some interesting scenes themselves. I will legitimately be angry if they pull another "Piccolo takes the bullet for Gohan so Gohan gets a super power increase. Because as much as I am a fan of Gohan, the latest DBS movie seriously fumbled that trope, and really made a mess of it.
The reason why Fukkatsu no F was so bad was because it was basically a huge ad for Super. The story telling was bad but the animation quality was 11/10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1