Dragon Age II Pulled from Steam.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dragon Age II was removed from Steam following the expansion being released, it's lead to believe that since you buy the DLC in game and not in the steam client, is what lead to it's removal. EA has not given reasons as to why the game was pulled, only saying that they hope to reach a agreement with Valve in the future.

EA: "We hope to work out an agreement to keep our games on Steam."

[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has actually happen once before, 1 month ago with Crysis 2, it was also removed and was believe to be the same reason this game may have been removed.

EA denied any involvement with the move, saying it was due to a distribution deal for the DLC that violated Valve's agreement.

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
god damn i hate EA, they pulled crysis 2 off, i bought the damn game non-steam, and theyre latest patch basically broke the damn game for 50% of the users (but thats mostly crytek), meh ea and their big pockets filled with money

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Shit game anyway, they can keep it.

THIS

It's not just bad because it failed to be like Origins, it's bad because the story has no pace and no scope, the battles have next to no tactical input necessary as you can win by button bashing, the characters were entirely forgettable, and it generally felt like a 'holding pattern', a game rushed out to capitalise on the success of a predecessor just to be 'more of the same' while they come up with ways to add to the formula. With any luck the inevitable Dragon Age 3 will kick so much ass we fogive the sins of Dragon Age 2, but it'll have to really go some to impress me.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol they'll keep pulling out their games weekly to monthly. Ofcourse that's the only way to compete
wink.gif
Atleast for them.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
prowler_ said:
Shit game anyway, they can keep it.

THIS

It's not just bad because it failed to be like Origins, it's bad because the story has no pace and no scope, the battles have next to no tactical input necessary as you can win by button bashing, the characters were entirely forgettable, and it generally felt like a 'holding pattern', a game rushed out to capitalise on the success of a predecessor just to be 'more of the same' while they come up with ways to add to the formula. With any luck the inevitable Dragon Age 3 will kick so much ass we fogive the sins of Dragon Age 2, but it'll have to really go some to impress me.

Wait? Is Dragon Age two missing a huge chuck of story like KOTOR2? Thanks for the warning. I bought DA1 ultimate edition new for 60 bucks. I got to say DA is a great game. It's sad to here they messed up DA2.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Dragon Age II and thought it was good at first.

Then people pointed out the bagillion flaws it had and once I played Origins, I realized it's actually pretty shitty. Almost every character sucks, the romances are jokes, the storyline isn't nearly as good as Origins either, and once you finish the first chapter you realize they recycle environments A LOT.

Still, EA is just trying to kill Steam with their own library, which isn't gonna happen. None of Steam's most played games are EA games. Battlefield 3 will be rather popular but it still won't have anything on Counterstrike (both Source and the original) or TF2 in terms of fanbase.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's pretty crappy when you compare it to Origins. They pretty much took away everything that made it fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.