Gaming Dracula X Chronicles - Worth the Time?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the mood for a Castlevania game, don't feel like going too terribly old school, but I've played the DS installations to completion more than once.

I've never played Rondo of Blood or Symphony of the Night (never got the chance or had the cash), so it seems great to have them both there. What doesn't seem so great is the stashed away items that you have to work and toil to find just to get your hands on the original 2D RoB and SotN.

Just gonna ask straight up: Is this game as a whole worth my time?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy it, don't download it. Every ISO I've ever had of the damn thing has been about as quick as a snail superglued to an anvil at the bottom the ocean. It's worth it though. Rondo of Blood is a great classic style Castlevania game whether you're playing the original 2D version of the 2.5D remake (the main game). Symphony of the Night is actually not that difficult to unlock, in all fairness. Level 3, easy to spot tomb on the upper path, whip, collect icon, profit. There's a chance you can miss it if you foul up the jump too many times but just kill yourself, restart the room and try again. Easy. Well worth the effort. There's a damn good reason why SOTN is widely considered to be the best Castlevania game, and the father of all MetroidVania games.

And if you're REALLY struggling to unlock SOTN just buy it off PSN. Either way it's worth it.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Buy it, don't download it. Every ISO I've ever had of the damn thing has been about as quick as a snail superglued to an anvil at the bottom the ocean. It's worth it though. Rondo of Blood is a great classic style Castlevania game whether you're playing the original 2D version of the 2.5D remake (the main game). Symphony of the Night is actually not that difficult to unlock, in all fairness. Level 3, easy to spot tomb on the upper path, whip, collect icon, profit. There's a chance you can miss it if you foul up the jump too many times but just kill yourself, restart the room and try again. Easy. Well worth the effort. There's a damn good reason why SOTN is widely considered to be the best Castlevania game, and the father of all MetroidVania games.

And if you're REALLY struggling to unlock SOTN just buy it off PSN. Either way it's worth it.
sorry for you dood i've had it a few times and not once has it been slow as hell

one iso had the music ripped from original rhondo of blood and Symphony of the Night

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkShinigami said:
Blaze163 said:

sorry for you dood i've had it a few times and not once has it been slow as hell

one iso had the mysic ripped from origional rhondo of blood and Symphony of the Night

Huh. Well if there's a decent quality ISO out there that doesn't slow down, then steal away. Then tell me where you found it.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
DarkShinigami said:
Blaze163 said:

one iso had the mysic ripped from origional rhondo of blood and Symphony of the Night

Huh. Well if there's a decent quality ISO out there that doesn't slow down, then steal away. Then tell me where you found it.

i would but ya know rules but my hint is the sites name starts with psp

oh and welcome AGLCB to the psp section

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
honestly, worth it ONLY for the originals especially Symphony of the Night

Rondo of Blood is too old school and really, really, REALLY frustrating game
calculate your jump and hit, all that.. die.. back to the start.. okay a game is played for relaxing and entertainment
not to get frustrated and pissed off
the game design is great though its really too harsh, and the remake in 2.5D lack in design to my taste, original is way better

well here is my opinion on this game, for your advice
smile.gif

EDIT : about Symphony.. best.. castlevania.. EVER! next to Super Castlevania IV snes in my heart, followed closely by aria / dawn of sorrow .. and i kinda like the second one on ps2

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm going for it. I've been pretty good about taking the more difficult parts of Castlevania games in stride before, so hopefully I have no issues with RoB.

As I job hunt this summer, I'm making a list of games for the PSP that are being bought (on top of a brand new 3000 series that I will update legit to stay on top of things). Once I get that job, I'm gonna make it a point to buy a couple of PSP games each pay check until I sufficiently build a great collection.

Hopefully this game makes the list.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the only PSP game I bought other than the ones that came with the PSP I bought; I've flat-out pirated everything but that and Disgaea 2 DLC. This is probably the only game I'd do that for, too, although I'm seriously considering picking up an actual Persona 3 Portable UMD when I have cash again.

As for the ISO debate, I've even dumped it off of my own scratch-free disc, and it was ridiculously slow on loading, even with the clock speeds turned up to 333mhz. If you can stand the loud UMD drive, go for the disc version rather than pirating it. I got it for $8 at GameStop, with case and manual.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Yes it's worth the buy. I am trying to buy a PSP just to play it
Hey this is my first post in the PSP section...nothing special.

For me the extra unlockable(SOTN) is better than the original. Not that I didn't enjoy the 2.5D installment but SOTN just roxxors. Though I kinda like Castlevania OOE DS better.

There are differences(minimal) from the original PSX SOTN though. Most of them good and about the only thing I didn't like in the updated version is that they "colorized" my favorite attack weapon Yasutsuna.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: