Gaming DQIX: Solo Grinding.

ToiletDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i'm stuck getting the 7th Fygg and can't get to liquid metal slimes yet.. is there anything better than metal medleys to grind on? I have a party of 4 but i'm going to grind solo so I get all the xp.
yaynds.gif

EDIT: I'm stuck beating the dreadmaster.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the temple thingy west of, uh, coffinheim (where you seal the contagious monster-thing in a jar) has the occasional metal slime, though hunting those with a single character is an exercise in futility.

ToiletDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think metal medleys are better for xp, but rarer, so do I test my patience or just go on a spree?

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
old-skool jRPGs are mostly a grindfest, and frankly each option is about as good as the other. if metal medleys are easier to kill (metal slimes are harder to hit with attacks than bush is with a shoe) then i say go for those, coz the slightly higher spawn rates of metal slimes is offset by their flee rate.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ToiletDS said:
Well, i'm stuck getting the 7th Fygg and can't get to liquid metal slimes yet.. is there anything better than metal medleys to grind on? I have a party of 4 but i'm going to grind solo so I get all the xp.
yaynds.gif

EDIT: I'm stuck beating the dreadmaster.

only now realizes the word liquid...
wtf.gif
yep, crucify me...

LESSON: read and re-read before posting...
lecture.gif

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered a Metal slime once, and I just used my Theif's Assainate attack for dagger or whatever, And it killed it in one hit. No fleeing. I forgot the attack name though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was soloing in DQIX all the way to the Ragin' Contagion 'cause I never knew about have a party of 4...until now.

I think I found one of the metal slimes in the Ruins (place where the "Curse" took).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
I was soloing in DQIX all the way to the Ragin' Contagion 'cause I never knew about have a party of 4...until now.

I think I found one of the metal slimes in the Ruins (place where the "Curse" took).
The Ragin' Contagin' was a pain in the ass to kill solo. Took me 20 tries, and a bunch of grinding sessions.

ToiletDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:

I solo'd up to the point after the wight knight.
And then my brother told me about the party of 4 ;3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c