DQ9 Ttreasure Map...Collecting?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Dr Awesomo, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010
  1. Dr Awesomo

Newcomer Dr Awesomo Advanced Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Having recently beaten the game, I've taken an interest in Treasure maps, but given the knowledge i've developed on the topic, i'm not quite sure what's what in this particular field...

According to the following link, http://woodus.com/den/games/dq9ds/grotto_names.php,
    New treasure maps are generated based on the following formula...

New Quality = Hero's Maximum Vocation Level + 5 * Hero's Maximum Revocation + Level of Previous Grotto

And quite frankly, i'm prepared to believe that. However, it also states that the Hero may only revocate up to a maximum of 10 times...

This limit of 10 times, does this apply solely to the dungeon i'm taking on, or is this limit applied to the game as a whole? (that is to say, can I revocate 10 times per dungeon, or 10 times only once?)

Also, based on the information displayed here, http://woodus.com/den/games/dq9ds/maps.php?tp=maps_treasure,
    I'm willing to wager that grottoes will only spawn in certain places, and only so many of them...

Once I have collected a map for a for all discovered locations, can I collect more? (Since grottos only show up when i'm looking for them, can I collect more than one map per location? Exactly how big can my map collection get?)

If there is a limit to my collection, does that mean, if I work at it hard and long enough, I can make myself a full collection of max quality, lvl 99 maps by simply disposing of the weak ones as they become obselete???

Much thanks for reading this, even more if you can help ^^ (thanks in advance)
  2. h0ser81

Member h0ser81 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2010
    United States
    1. The revocation limit is imposed for the entire game. You can revocate up to 10 times per vocation. You really only need to revocate your hero 3 times or so to get really good maps.

2. You can have multiple maps for the same locations. The grotto entrance will be in the same spot on the world map, but it will just take you to a different grotto.

3. You have a limit of 100 treasure maps you can carry. After that you'll have to start choosing ones to discard. I wouldn't get rid of all the lower level maps because you'll want to keep at least one map of each different grotto boss for completing quests as they become available via DLC.
  3. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    I have three maps of the Granite Tunnel of Woe all on the same grotto.