Homebrew Downloading DLC from CDN?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently there's been quite the hype around CIAngel and TIKdevil amongst several computer programs with similar functions. I'm trying to jump into as progressively as I can. I recently downloaded Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright from the eShop after installing the ticket and Super Smash Bros. from CIAngel. However whenever I try to access the DLC shop within both games I get an error (009-6106)every time that brings me out of it again.
Does anyone know a way to get around this?

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just search for the dlc cia and install it with devmenu. You will have no need for going into the game shops that way

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once the issue in CIAngel with Smash DLC is fixed, you shouldn't need to visit the DLC shop in the game, all DLC will be unlocked with the DLC CIA. It's actually recommended you _don't_ visit the DLC eShop, because if you do, you lose the DLC you have installed :)

Reactions: DrakeLyon

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently there's been quite the hype around CIAngel and TIKdevil amongst several computer programs with similar functions. I'm trying to jump into as progressively as I can. I recently downloaded Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright from the eShop after installing the ticket and Super Smash Bros. from CIAngel. However whenever I try to access the DLC shop within both games I get an error (009-6106)every time that brings me out of it again.
Does anyone know a way to get around this?
Try going into DevMenu and seeing if there is a title for DLC on any of those games (you have to know the title id of the dlc). If there is, delete it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Try going into DevMenu and seeing if there is a title for DLC on any of those games (you have to know the title id of the dlc). If there is, delete it.
that won't really help because devmenu doesn't show tickets and even if you deleted the ticket you still have the 'ticket' server side - which seems to be a problem as to why dlc gets deleted when we go to eshop

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just search for the dlc cia and install it with devmenu. You will have no need for going into the game shops that way
Lol I have all the CIAs I can think of for these games, but it's nowhere as pristine to me as obtaining it from the CDN :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Once the issue in CIAngel with Smash DLC is fixed, you shouldn't need to visit the DLC shop in the game, all DLC will be unlocked with the DLC CIA. It's actually recommended you _don't_ visit the DLC eShop, because if you do, you lose the DLC you have installed :)
Oh man, you definitely seem like you know you're stuff lol. I assumed it was a common problem people may have experienced with the ticket in general.
So does Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright also share this issue? I think I got the ticket from CIAngel, but I'm not too sure

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man, you definitely seem like you know you're stuff lol. I assumed it was a common problem people may have experienced with the ticket in general.
So does Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright also share this issue? I think I got the ticket from CIAngel, but I'm not too sure
Nah, just learning as I go really :)

I haven't tested the DLC for Birthright, normally I just act on reported issues people have, makes things a lot easier on me :) If you want to give it a try, and report any issues, I can look in to it further. Just make sure to avoid going in to the in-app DLC "shop", as that will remove your tickets for the DLC (They appear to do server side checks when you access the DLC shop). DLC should just be available once you have installed the DLC CIA.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, just learning as I go really :)

I haven't tested the DLC for Birthright, normally I just act on reported issues people have, makes things a lot easier on me :) If you want to give it a try, and report any issues, I can look in to it further. Just make sure to avoid going in to the in-app DLC "shop", as that will remove your tickets for the DLC (They appear to do server side checks when you access the DLC shop). DLC should just be available once you have installed the DLC CIA.
Oh I didn't know that accessing the DLC shop in-game would do the same as the eShop.
Thanks for taking the time to look into these bugs Drakia. You mentioned that DLC should be available as soon as you install the CIA for it from CIAngel.. I actually haven't done that yet for Birthright, I was assuming that since I installed the ticket through TIKdevil that all I would have to do is access the DLC shop in-game to obtain it (before I caught on to what you were saying about it.)
So I'll get back to you about FE Fates once I've downloaded the DLC for it through CIAngel. Just for some clarification, is the Super Smash Bros. Rev02 CIA the DLC for SSB in CIAngel? I've tried installing that and it always fails on me.
Sorry for the frustration I may be portraying here, I'm still just trying to wrap my head around the whole ticket thing lol

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I didn't know that accessing the DLC shop in-game would do the same as the eShop.
Thanks for taking the time to look into these bugs Drakia. You mentioned that DLC should be available as soon as you install the CIA for it from CIAngel.. I actually haven't done that yet for Birthright, I was assuming that since I installed the ticket through TIKdevil that all I would have to do is access the DLC shop in-game to obtain it (before I caught on to what you were saying about it.)
So I'll get back to you about FE Fates once I've downloaded the DLC for it through CIAngel. Just for some clarification, is the Super Smash Bros. Rev02 CIA the DLC for SSB in CIAngel? I've tried installing that and it always fails on me.
Sorry for the frustration I may be portraying here, I'm still just trying to wrap my head around the whole ticket thing lol
I'm actually grabbing FE Fates right now to test out the DLC, download takes forever though :)

That is the SSB DLC, but the current version of CIAngel has a bug that I just managed to track down and fix this morning. There hasn't been a new build put up yet that resolves the issue.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually grabbing FE Fates right now to test out the DLC, download takes forever though :)

That is the SSB DLC, but the current version of CIAngel has a bug that I just managed to track down and fix this morning. There hasn't been a new build put up yet that resolves the issue.
Oh sweetness. Are you a fan of Fire Emblem by any chance? You don't have to download the DLC on my behalf lol

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My god, you have to play all the way to chapter 7 just to be able to make sure the DLC works >.> But as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/cuN0X6D.jpg
DLC is all unlocked, all the "Reserved" are DLC slots that are (From what I can tell) unlocked but not available yet ("II: Realms Collide" comes out on Thursday, and I can check if it auto unlocks then)

Reactions: DrakeLyon and cearp

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My god, you have to play all the way to chapter 7 just to be able to make sure the DLC works >.> But as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/cuN0X6D.jpg
DLC is all unlocked, all the "Reserved" are DLC slots that are (From what I can tell) unlocked but not available yet ("II: Realms Collide" comes out on Thursday, and I can check if it auto unlocks then)
XD Oh I forgot about that lol. I've never seen the "Reserved" thing either, so that's what it must be :) I'm gonna be downloading the DLC at work today.
Is Conquest available as well?

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you haven't visited the AOC shop for the game you can download the DLC from the shop using a ticket if you have visied the shop before installing the ticket your only option is to use CIA since the first time you visit the AOC shop it creates a server ticket which cant be removed same goes for themes. I found that out the hard way
I would like to know if there is a way around that now

Last edited by Woody8275,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if you haven't visited the AOC shop for the game you can download the DLC from the shop using a ticket if you have visied the shop before installing the ticket your only option is to use CIA since the first time you visit the AOC shop it creates a server ticket which cant be removed same goes for themes. I found that out the hard way
no way round the server, unless you play it offline i guess
or patch the cfw to stop the deletion

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm not sure what you mean by can't be removed. I've done a lot of testing of DLC the past couple days, and everything is recoverable to get DLC back on your system. Most of my testing was with Smash Bros, visiting the in-game DLC shop will indeed wipe your DLC ticket, but the content is still on your 3DS, and you can use FBI to remove the now empty ticket and reinstall a full ticket using CIAngel or FBI, and you'll get access to everything again.

The take away is NEVER visit in-game DLC shops once you've installed a DLC CIA, you already have access to everything, so visiting the DLC shop serves no purpose.

It's a little different for the home menu themes, since the DLC is tied to the home menu itself (As far as I know?). I'm not sure exactly where the DLC owning checks are done for Home themes, but apparently it's somewhere that's really easy to trigger by normal usage of your 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4