ROM Hack Question Download save from cloud

Raven_501

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I downloaded a save from this site, hacked the switch and switched the save files over. That switch is now permanently banned. What I want to know is this: If I download the save from the cloud to a different switch, will that switch be banned too?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
as long as only the console is banned and not your account you can still use the cloud.
if you uploaded the downloaded save to your own cloud, it shouldn't ban the second switch.
your first switch got banned because you hacked it. if you don't hack the second one and just restore the savegame to the console from your account's cloud you should be fine.

should, because it'll depend what that save contain too.
if it's full of hacked pokémon, nintendo will detect it when you'll play and ban your second switch.

if it's a savegame with "100% completed" data for a shoot'em up, there's nothing wrong in completing a game.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, I can't tell you won't be banned. nobody really knows what nintendo uses to detect hacks.*
don't trust me 100% on this.

maybe wait for someone who tried and have the proper answer.

*Nintendo could (shamelessly) include console's hacking information into savegames too, not only game's data.
like a consoleID, if the console has already been modified, which hack type, etc.
even more on first party games.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ